Matee Ajavon Wants Rutgers Back Among Contenders | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Matee Ajavon Wants Rutgers Back Among Contenders

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
They are only talking about CViv getting 1000 at RU, not as the long term future - at least that's what I really understand. Yes, the worse things look the harder it is to recruit and she is (IMO) definitely past her recruiting prime. I think things will be better than last. I don't think anyone would expect her to be around long enough to return the program to past glory, just respectability.
I also thought perhaps letting her stay until she reaches 1,000 wins is the objective. Prior to last season, perhaps they figured she would get needed wins in two seasons. But, with only 6 wins last season, it will probably take two more season for her to reach that milestone.

Reaction Score
Arrrrrggghhh Matee! CViv needs more wins or she will walk the plank!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Facilities are being improved. It will most likely be slow but construction is happening, I just saw on the RU board that most of the parking lots by the RAC will be unavailable due to the construction of athletic facilities.

They are only talking about CViv getting 1000 at RU, not as the long term future - at least that's what I really understand. Yes, the worse things look the harder it is to recruit and she is (IMO) definitely past her recruiting prime. I think things will be better than last. I don't think anyone would expect her to be around long enough to return the program to past glory, just respectability.
Ajavon was, IMO, an unpleasant player on the court. mostly due to trash-talking, and a bit of a ball hog. However, she had an excellent reputation for her behavior "off the court".
You are absolutely correct, my Oldest daughter teams bumped heads with Matee's teams about 3 times per year in HS and AAU basketball. Matee unpleasantness was definitely confined to the court.
If Rutgers was thinking strategically it would let C. Viv get her 1000 wins and then hire Courtney Banghart away from Princeton. First step for Rutgers would be to become competitive in Big 10. There is certainly enough talent in NJ/NY and the surrounding area to do that.

Reaction Score
I agree with CL82 & dtbtbtb. If Rutgers wants to get back among the elite, they need changes...
  1. Step 1 - hire a new coach - someone young, energetic, and with an excellent hoops mind who can recruit
  2. Step 2 - see Step 1

agreed.......plenty of wbb talent in NJ just like in football..........the trick is to get the kids to stay home........thought that would be easier in WBB where more of the players enjoy playing near family and friends........at this point, Temple should not be out recruiting Rutgers.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom