OT: - Masters scoreboard | The Boneyard

OT: Masters scoreboard

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tough day to play today. Tiger is +3 in his first 4 holes today and just hit his drive in the woods on 5.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Based on the commentary and his course demeanor Scheffler seems to have not only a very
solid game but a solid head on himself...unassuming/not a huge ego or angst about a bad shot.
He has rocketed to #1...3 of last 5 starts are wins...going for 4 of 6 at Augusta. Nobody plays like this
except a vintage Tiger. Whether it is a walk in the park over the weekend or tight, he seems to be the real deal.

Several bumps in Tiger's round...kept fighting back every time...already a win for him this week...a big win if he is
reasonably healthy on Monday. The 3 upcoming majors don't have a lot of downtime between them for any
longterm rehab for Tiger. He is only 4 back from tie for second...for a true miracle he will need some help from
Scheffler.

Sun...wind... fast greens with huge undulations...lots of potential water disasters...entertaining weekend
coming up.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Scheffler staggered a bit on the back nine....still shot a 71...a good round considering the weather...now 9 under for the tournament.
Cameron Smith shot a great 68...3 back...maybe a two person race on Sunday.
Tiger's putting was a mess on Saturday....78...looked like he wanted to get off the course by the end.
Next major is mid-May...with or without him. May well be another 'game time' decision.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting final round. Lots of wild stuff can happen on the back nine.

I've been lucky enough to attend a number of "bucket list" sporting events - Kentucky Derby, Indianapolis 500, Final Fours in WBB and MBB - but my 2011 trip to the Masters is at the top of the list. Got to attend all four rounds with my brother, my brother-in-law and my best friend.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Smith can really putt....I hope Scheffler takes it...first thing to do is erase the back nine on Saturday from his mind.

Reaction Score
Mcilroy with a great 8 under 64 on the final day to finish 7 under and in second place. Smith, having all kinds of trouble on the back 9, (He's 4 over par on 10-14, yikes) 8 back after 14.
Scheffler looks to be cruising to a comfortable win. 11 under after 14 and a 4 stroke lead over Rory.

Reaction Score
Scheffler is just too hot. Roy's final round of 64 is just unbelievable but too late.
Tiger #T47, 301, +13.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Not a whole lot of drama on Sunday...but much nicer weather and much better scores.
Double bunker hole-outs on 18...back-to-back... by Morikawa and McLLroy were fun...their reactions even more so.

Next major: PGA in May....Southern Hills I think.
U.S. Open in June....nearby to our favorites...The Country Club in Brookline Ma.
The Open in July...St Andrews..Tiger has committed to that event....his favorite course....the other 2 he is hoping to play.
Can he compete in these majors without playing anywhere else as warm-ups?

Scheffler: at 25...world #1. Is this just a one-off hot streak?

Reaction Score
Not a whole lot of drama on Sunday...but much nicer weather and much better scores.
Double bunker hole-outs on 18...back-to-back... by Morikawa and McLLroy were fun...their reactions even more so.

Next major: PGA in May....Southern Hills I think.
U.S. Open in June....nearby to our favorites...The Country Club in Brookline Ma.
The Open in July...St Andrews..Tiger has committed to that event....his favorite course....the other 2 he is hoping to play.
Can he compete in these majors without playing anywhere else as warm-ups?

Scheffler: at 25...world #1. Is this just a one-off hot streak?
Scheffler is the same age as the great Jack Nicklaus was when he won his 2nd green jacket in 1965. Both were dominant victories. Nicklaus was 17 under par after 72 holes and finished 9 strokes ahead of the field. Not saying Scheffler is the next Jack Nicklaus but I do think Scheffler is here to stay. From what I could see of Scheffler‘s game, he doesn’t hit the ball as far as Jack did in his day, but he definitely hits the ball straighter than anyone in the game today, and his putting and chip shots are the best as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom