Massive day for WCBB | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Massive day for WCBB

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ionescu 19 points 13 rebound (!) 7 assists in 3Q. The record is going down today!

She's gone cold shooting though.

Oregon up 70-55.

Washington doesn't have 1 player w/ legit size in the post (Deja Strother has been injured all year). Oregon has Campisano and Giomi nailed to the bench, they haven't played 1 second between the 2 of them. Maybe the teams can work out a trade.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington is scrappy, they just won't go away. 73-64 Oregon, 6 minutes and change left. Ionescu can't hit anything now, missed probably 4 straight wide open 3's. Went to the bench for a quick breather. Needs 2 assists to become the career leader in triple doubles, halfway thru her soph season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There's a pretty exciting game on BTN right now, Iowa leading Michigan by 3 with about 4:00 to go.

Iowa is somehow adjusting without 2 injured starters. Gustafson and Flaherty are two players with All-American potential.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm glued to the Oregon-Washington game. Ionescu needs 1 more assist. 24 points 14 rebs 9 assists.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
History! Hebard blew a layup, Cazorla rimmed out a 3, finally Bando drilled a 3 to get Ionescu that 1 last assist. She's special.

Melgoza has been putting on a show for UW. 26 points. Averaged about 2 points/game last year, she's been lighting it up lately.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Washington is scrappy, they just won't go away. 73-64 Oregon, 6 minutes and change left. Ionescu can't hit anything now, missed probably 4 straight wide open 3's. Went to the bench for a quick breather. Needs 2 assists to become the career leader in triple doubles, halfway thru her soph season.
I will be watching this game on replay later, but I'm impressed that Washington has given some problems to both Oregon State and Oregon. They're a scrappy team, and despite being completely undersized in the front court and playing more talented teams, they're acquitting themselves well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
History! Hebard blew a layup, Cazorla rimmed out a 3, finally Bando drilled a 3 to get Ionescu that 1 last assist. She's special.

Melgoza has been putting on a show for UW. 26 points. Averaged about 2 points/game last year, she's been lighting it up lately.
Congrats to Sabrina. The new NCAA record holder in triple-doubles, less than halfway into her sophomore year. Truly amazing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon wins 94-83. UW impressed me, no quit in that team. Melgoza w/ a career high 31 points plus 8 rebounds.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford beats USC 73-65. Another 20 point game for McPhee. Sniezek grabbed 10 boards. Something about guards in the Pac 12, they're grabbing tons of rebounds this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Rutgers survives another close game, winning 61-58 at Michigan State. Tyler Scaife has 25 points.

That's Rutgers' 9th consecutive win and moves them to 14-2 on the season. C-Viv only needs 9 more to hit 1000.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like that Baylor is flying under the radar. Brown and Cox look to be the best 4/5 combo in the country and Alexis Morris is my prediction for Big 12 FOY; she is a special player and very likely the fastest player in program history and surly has the best handle. She is fun to watch and makes Baylor much better when she hits the floor.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I like that Baylor is flying under the radar. Brown and Cox look to be the best 4/5 combo in the country and Alexis Morris is my prediction for Big 12 FOY; she is a special player and very likely the fastest player in program history and surly has the best handle. She is fun to watch and makes Baylor much better when she hits the floor.
I wouldn't say they're flying under the radar. They just haven't played anyone yet, not since UCLA anyway.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There's a pretty exciting game on BTN right now, Iowa leading Michigan by 3 with about 4:00 to go.

Iowa is somehow adjusting without 2 injured starters. Gustafson and Flaherty are two players with All-American potential.

I agree. This game was great. Good quality play and high intensity all around. While Gustafson was her normal brilliant and tough as nails self, the sophomore Kathleen Doyle stole the show in my opinion with career-highs with 23 points and nine assists as the needed point guard after 2 big injuries to their guards. Many of those passes were Crystal like.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say they're flying under the radar. They just haven't played anyone yet, not since UCLA anyway.

How much farther under the radar do you want them to fly? They are basically a team of drones.

Reaction Score
They are basically a team of drones.

Should we expect to see a nice beehive jacket on Kim next game?
Beehive hairdo?

New-Outdoor-GRENADE-Snowboard-Jacket-Men-Winter-Ski-Clothing-Honeycomb-Pattern-Jackets-for-Men-Skiing-and.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
I agree. This game was great. Good quality play and high intensity all around. While Gustafson was her normal brilliant and tough as nails self, the sophomore Kathleen Doyle stole the show in my opinion with career-highs with 23 points and nine assists as the needed point guard after 2 big injuries to their guards. Many of those passes were Crystal like.
Agreed. Doyle had an amazing game, and Iowa needs every bit of that from her now that their backcourt is depleted.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The crowd at SCar won this game. What a great sized crowd, what a response. This college deserves this kind of fanbase. I wish this was across WCBB.
I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd size today since our football team is playing in Tampa tomorrow. We looked very rusty today.

Reaction Score
Oregon wins 94-83. UW impressed me, no quit in that team. Melgoza w/ a career high 31 points plus 8 rebounds.
UW also impressed me this weekend. They are going to take teams to the mat this year. Their coach is outstanding. She coached at Long Beach State last year, and that team was very difficult team to beat. Oregon gave up a lot of points today. They will need to get better defensively as the year progresses. Offensively, they are a juggernaut. Re: OSU game today, Pivec is to OSU, what Sabrina I. is to UO. Pivec is an unbelievable athlete, and also just a sophomore. Can't wait to see OSU vs UO back-to-back games in a few weeks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lotrader--I thought that 2nd foul on Pivec, about 3 minutes into the game, was pretty bogus. She sat the next 17 minutes til halftime. Caila Hailey from Wazzu seems to have mastered the art of jumping in front of the ball handler and somehow drawing a charge.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Awww man, really? That's it for the year?

Well considering I wrote that at around 2:30pm on 12/31 .... yep...... I was finished with WCBB for the year :p

So hard to do when you can watch UCONN on Wednesday because it's next year.

No offense.... but if Im watching Connecticut play East Carolina on a Wednesday night .... then my year will not be getting off to as good of a start as I would like :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well considering I wrote that at around 2:30pm on 12/31 .... yep. I was finished with WCBB for the year :p

Happy eastern time zone New Year!

The good news: Becca Greenwell is back.
Bad news: She and Lexie both had bad games today.
Back to the good news: There's plenty of time for them to right the ship.
Even more good news: Duke is undefeated in 2018!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom