Massey ratings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Massey ratings

Reaction Score
Strength of schedule. They have played #9 UCONN, #7 Arizona, #2 Stanford, #1 South Carolina,

Computer must be rigged.
Their SOS is 13th. Sorry, that’s not the answer.

Reaction Score
I've thought all year the 4 best teams have been: SC, Stanford, Nc st, and Arz and I stand by it.

Reaction Score
Can some tech wizard explain to me the computer love affair (both Massey and Net) with Oregon? They have lost eight games!

Oregon (Massey No 15) is living off their wins over No 5 UConn and No 7 Arizona. They sit behind Indiana and ahead of LSU.
RPI only cared if you won or lost. Massey factors MOV. Net also. So a top team used to be able to sleep walk in a road game for 3 periods and then beat a bottom feeder by 3 or 4 and get full credit from RPI. Under the current NET they now have the win downgraded because they underperformed.

The flaw in algorithms is that it assumes that teams perform at the same level game in and game out all season when they don't, for all sorts of reasons.

Reaction Score
LOL. What’s that you were saying about Arizona again?
not shocked you make fun of a team that lost their best player due to injury and might be done for the season. Then again you took some kind of pride Louisville beating Uconn with 6 players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
not shocked you make fun of a team that lost their best player due to injury and might be done for the season. Then again you took some kind of pride Louisville beating Uconn with 6 players.
No, I made fun of you for being so impressively inaccurate in your assessments. Don’t sell yourself short.

Reaction Score
No, I made fun of you for being so impressively inaccurate in your assessments. Don’t sell yourself short.
doubtful, they beat Louisville. According to you they hanging the banner on April 2nd

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
doubtful, they beat Louisville. According to you they hanging the banner on April 2nd
So many red herrings, so little time.

No, I only ridiculed your assessment that they were the "most overrated team in the country" after losing in overtime to Arizona — which actually would imply you really think Arizona is a bad team. Internal consistency in your trawling please.

Reaction Score
So many red herrings, so little time.

No, I only ridiculed your assessment that they were the "most overrated team in the country" after losing in overtime to Arizona — which actually would imply you really think Arizona is a bad team. Internal consistency in your trawling please.
trawling for red herring.... NICE!! Could be a day job, and trolling at night.....:D:D:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom