Massey predictions for the S16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Massey predictions for the S16

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Orangutan - Do you think ND can win it all without Turner?

"Win it all" as in win the national championship? No.

I'd love for ND to win just one more game without Turner and would be over the moon if they could manage to make the Final Four without her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The big question for the ND folks is: Without Turner, can they stop Mitchell's dribble penetration? My guess is no. I see her going off for 30-40 in a close game.

If ND's passing is sharp, they can slice and dice OSU. If they play Arike or Lindsay one-on-one ball, they will struggle.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac = This year's dark horse. "For us, we don't have anything to lose. We're the underdog in this case even though we don't see ourselves as the underdog."

In their 29 wins this year, they only played one ranked team (#25 Oregon St.), and lost to them 75-60. But they finished their season strong, and won two games to get to the S16. A team that can play without fear is always dangerous. Why not? They have nothing to lose. No one predicted/projected them to make it this far. They did just beat #16 ranked Miami. They're on a roll, and playing their best basketball of the season. I'm not so sure Quinnipiac is the giant killer that's capable of taking down South Carolina Saturday, but I do think they can keep the game interesting for a while. If the game is still close after the 3rd quarter, the Bobcats just may have a puncher's chance of pulling this one out.

If Quinnipiac can shoot great from the 3pt line (maybe 12 of 30 or better), they may have a chance. When 1 team hits a lot of three's, I think there is a bit of psychological impulse (especially Cuevas) to try to match them 3 for 3 which is not SC's strong point. Long shot but it would be glorious. :rolleyes::D

Reaction Score
Without question UConn is my favorite team and I want them to win the National Championship; however, if anyone is going to beat UConn - and I know some of you will consider this sacrilege - I want it to be Stanford.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the UConn line is low. I would think 19.5 to 22.5.

SC - who knows. Coates is out. I wouldn't sleep on Quinnipiac.

The ND one may be a little big.
For those keeping score at home, this is what an 0-fer looks like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom