Massey predictions for the S16 | The Boneyard

Massey predictions for the S16

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think the UConn line is low. I would think 19.5 to 22.5.

SC - who knows. Coates is out. I wouldn't sleep on Quinnipiac.

The ND one may be a little big.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn line is 21.5
The other lines are
UW -3.5 over Miss St
Baylor -10.5 over Louisville
N Dame -8 over tOSU
Stanford- 5.5 over Texas
Maryland -14 over Oregon
SC -20.5 over the other team from Connecticut
FSU -2.5 over OSU

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn-UCLA will be that close.

BTW, Stanford could be a story line in the making.
I don't think Baylor-Louisville will be that close either.

To me Syracuse posed a more difficult match up problem in the front court, and this is the first time UCLA has seen this team. I got UConn by 30-35. I also have reverse numbers on Miss. State over Washington, and ND losing without Turner. Maryland by 20 over Oregon. The rest posed by Massey seems about right. But yeah, don't sleep on Quinnipiac.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Wonder what Massey sees in UCLA that has them that close to us.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Vic Schaefer and the Bulldogs have truly solved their problems on offense, they may just end up in the FF. Either way, I think Baylor will have their hands full with either MS or WA in the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-23_7-37-15.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="JordyG, post: 2112160, member: 6819"....and this is the first time UCLA has seen this team. I got UConn by 30-35. and ND losing without Turner. Maryland by 20 over Oregon. The rest posed by Massey seems about right. But yeah, don't sleep on Quinnipiac.[/QUOTE]
JordyG- I get the first time teams deal will UConn it's like drinking from a fire hose, however this UCLA team has talent and a descent coach. I think your a tad over- exuberant in the score. On ND, what about tOSU post players has you thinking that they can beat ND? They are still without Mavunga and they play no defense. I think with a few days of practice the MM will devise something. On the fly she has struggled to adjust but when able to pAlan, she's pretty good. I still have ND in this one.
I also am long on Oregon as I got to watch their games and their passing so while MD may win, I view that as a close game. And Q could shock the Gamecocks with their tenacity!

Reaction Score
I think the UConn line is low. I would think 19.5 to 22.5.

SC - who knows. Coates is out. I wouldn't sleep on Quinnipiac.

The ND one may be a little big.
I watched the replay of the Quinnipiac/Miami game yesterday, and came away impressed with how Quinnipiac shares the ball. Reminds me of another team from Connecticut! If they can stay hot with the 3 ball, they have a chance at an upset. JMO...

Reaction Score
Why do I think there will be a bit of a revenge factor in the Baylor game. I think Kim brings in Griner late in the game to run the score up.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Wonder how well he adjusts for injuries - ND's especially, but SC without Coates as well.

I was just going to report- he doesn't (AFAIK). So the ND margin is high. I'm surprised that the line is 8, I would have guessed a little lower.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Wonder what Massey sees in UCLA that has them that close to us.
Based on their body of work, Massey has UCLA ranked 10th, so he sees them as better than the selection committee or the polls.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I watched the replay of the Quinnipiac/Miami game yesterday, and came away impressed with how Quinnipiac shares the ball. Reminds me of another team from Connecticut! If they can stay hot with the 3 ball, they have a chance at an upset. JMO...
Or another Cinderella - Dayton from a few years back.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens outside of UConn's bracket, it seems that the Huskies will have to go through Maryland and Baylor. Those two are intact and playing well. Having lost irreplaceable players, ND and SC will probably fall, so UConn is likely to meet either Oregon State or Stanford in the Final. I would still like to see the Samuelson sisters duke it out, so I'll make the Cardinal my sentimental choice. Compared to games against the Terps and Bears, the last game will be relatively easy--even if the Irish somehow prevail and get to the Final. Four to go.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I can't see ND winning with out Turner. Going to be a lot easier to guard the 3's with out her in the line up.

ND beat Ohio State last year without Turner. That Ohio State finished ranked in the top-10. Granted, that was with a 100% Westbeld not a 60% Westbeld, but it's certainly possible.

Reaction Score
Texas has to be more disciplined because Stanford certainly will. Texas has the size and the athleticism to win, but not if they turn the ball over a lot. Stanford will make them pay for that. I imagine the ND prediction is without Turner, and Allisha Gray is a game-time decision, so there's no way to factor her in or out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ND beat Ohio State last year without Turner. That Ohio State finished ranked in the top-10. Granted, that was with a 100% Westbeld not a 60% Westbeld, but it's certainly possible.
Even without Turner, I have to believe that Muffet will outcoach McGuff and send the Buckeyes home. Tara in the Elite 8 will be a different story however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom