Masconomet sends U8 team to UConn flag football festival Read more: Masconomet sends U8 team to UCo | The Boneyard

Masconomet sends U8 team to UConn flag football festival Read more: Masconomet sends U8 team to UCo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
link

these kids are very young, but i wanted to put this here to show u guys whats going on. more young kids from the northeast are on uconns campus and other facilities like the rent now than ever. flag football at a young age now is fun for the kids but they remember playing at the rent. that turns into setting goals in hs of becoming a d1 athlete. that also peaks kids interest and tvs get turned on to uconn football and tix get purchased etc...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You're going to get flamed for this. I think I know who the posters will be.

thats fine. when things like this happened in the past u saw no media about it. the fact that local newspapers and stuff are picking up on it is a win for uconn. media exposure is important for us.

Reaction Score
There's a great OG prospect there. If he puts on 250 pounds he could be great at this level.

Reaction Score
thats fine. when things like this happened in the past u saw no media about it. the fact that local newspapers and stuff are picking up on it is a win for uconn. media exposure is important for us.

Especially North Shore/Merrimack Valley MA media exposure.

Reaction Score
link

these kids are very young, but i wanted to put this here to show u guys whats going on. more young kids from the northeast are on uconns campus and other facilities like the rent now than ever. flag football at a young age now is fun for the kids but they remember playing at the rent. that turns into setting goals in hs of becoming a d1 athlete. that also peaks kids interest and tvs get turned on to uconn football and tix get purchased etc...
The QB is a BCU lean.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all u guys are funny, keep em coming. thank god none of u grew up in a football culture like texas, ohio or others.

Reaction Score
NO! Not Masco! Ick, I went to their rival high school and work in that school district. I'll get on the local team's booster program to send their flag team to UConn as well.

Masco is now in a league with Gloucester, which sent us Dan Murray. This area of the state produces precious few 1-A prospects each year in the public schools, most of the "talent" goes the private school route. However, having followed this area's high school scene fairly closely for the last 15+ years, I feel like there are plenty of kids who could step up to play at the division 1A level if given proper training and development in the youth levels.

Many local towns are finally offering flag programs and passing camps, etc. These things rarely happened in the Merrimack Valley, North Shore, and Cape Ann league towns. However with realignment in the future of MIAA football, you will see some of these towns forced to play bigger, tougher competition on a regional and state-wide level. This has forced the hand of the football booster programs to start implementing something now. It would be great if UConn were able to bring in more towns from this area, and maybe some of their older teams, and create relationships and harvest this area when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom