Maryland Transfers link | The Boneyard

Maryland Transfers link

Reaction Score
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.

Wow! That's a shock! That has to hurt!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There a whole thread about this already.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The exodus continues...........

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wow, I didn't see this news coming. I could see Kiah Gillespie, because she wasn't really getting playing time, but Destiny Slocum was a starter, and she was getting playing time. Also, Destiny could have been a rising star at Maryland.

Reaction Score
Holy Crap they waste no time in Maryland! Check out the roster... it is for next season... with these three already off the list.... Damn.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I knew Kiah was transferring but couldn't mention it on the Boneyard, per rules and out of respect for the family

Reaction Score
The other thread was merged into the 2017 transfer thread. However, when you lose 3 or more transfers you deserve your own thread.

No mention of a sick relative in the hometown paper. Hmmmmmmmmmm

‘Homesick’ Slocum considering programs west of the Mississippi, source says
I found a part of this article particularly interesting where the Maryland players get to go home on weekends. I wonder if that's in season or out of season? And I wonder if this is something other programs allow for their kids? I know when I played ball in college there was never free time, regardless of what time of year it was.

Reaction Score
I found a part of this article particularly interesting where the Maryland players get to go home on weekends. I wonder if that's in season or out of season? And I wonder if this is something other programs allow for their kids? I know when I played ball in college there was never free time, regardless of what time of year it was.

Funny, my daughter never wants to come home! She's is staying in Mass for the summer.

Reaction Score
I have this gut feeling that Slocum is heading to South Carolina. I haven't heard or read anything but a very strong gut feeling she's heading to SC with Dawn

Reaction Score
I have this gut feeling that Slocum is heading to South Carolina. I haven't heard or read anything but a very strong gut feeling she's heading to SC with Dawn

It appears Slocum has a restricted release, requiring that she transfer to a school west of the Mississippi river. Then everyone believes she wanted to be closer to home. And that the only issue at Maryland was homesickness.

Reaction Score
Wow, I didn't see this news coming. I could see Kiah Gillespie, because she wasn't really getting playing time, but Destiny Slocum was a starter, and she was getting playing time. Also, Destiny could have been a rising star at Maryland.
r
Rising star, hell, she was the straw that stirred their drink.

Reaction Score
It appears Slocum has a restricted release, requiring that she transfer to a school west of the Mississippi river. Then everyone believes she wanted to be closer to home. And that the only issue at Maryland was homesickness.

Oh ok, I didn't realize it was "restricted"

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see where she lands which may or may not bear out this homesickness reasoning.

Reaction Score
per Jay Trust KTVB- a verified account of a reporter

Heard from Destiny Slocum last night. She said "homesickness" is not the reason she's transferring, but rather UM "wasn't the right fit."

I hope this was not erased earlier- it is from a credible source

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom