Kizer 5
Thomas 7
Bays 13
Mincy 23
Taylor 52 Transferred out
DeVaughn 57
Moseley 70
Hawkins unranked but 28 at her position

Thomas is the leading scorer. Hawkins is the leading rebounder. They shoot 51% on FGs and have a rebounding margin of 21.1, both at or near the top in the nation. Their schedule, other than Georgetown, has been soft so far. They beat the Hoyas by 20+ early on.

Next year's class includes the players ranked 7, 17, and 22.

I'll report on them tomorrow after watching the UDel game tonight.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
they have "quietly" been recruiting very well. i don't like them, and i really don't like Freese, but you can't deny they have a solid team and getting three top 25 kids next year tells me they will continue to be a top 10 team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
they have "quietly" been recruiting very well. i don't like them, and i really don't like Freese, but you can't deny they have a solid team and getting three top 25 kids next year tells me they will continue to be a top 10 team.
Yeah, they had about 3 defections, but they have added a fair amount of talent most years. Malina Howard headlines next year's group. Presumably, she replaces Lynetta Kizer.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They never stopped recruiting well. Recruiting isn't their problem.

Reaction Score
I like Maryland. They are a hard nosed squad. They are well coached and playing in the ACC is a huge advantage for them.

Reaction Score
I don't see a player named Taylor on the link you provided, maybe its a different person? I don't get the bad wrap on Frese either people are mad that we supposedly lose a commitment to them but look at other schools who get the same fortune, they are not criticized. It is the player who changes the mind, not an opposing coach forcing them. For instance Penn State lost two recruits this year one to Michigan State one to Syracuse, were MSU and SU coaches being unethical? Did the players just change their mind? Losing one to MSU is even worse because they are conference foes.

Personally I see them as the best overall program in the ACC. UNC is struggling right now Hatchell might be nearing the end of her run and Duke has issues to me. Losing good assistant coaches and the offense they run is not the best.

Reaction Score
One more note, their recruiting class for next year is not all that good. Original post says players 7, 17, 22 but that would surely be a top 5 class. Maryland's class is 9 so their class must not include all the talent mentioned.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One more note, their recruiting class for next year is not all that good. Original post says players 7, 17, 22 but that would surely be a top 5 class. Maryland's class is 9 so their class must not include all the talent mentioned.
I just verified that Alexis Brown, the #17 player, is from the class of 2013. Malina Howard, #7, and Tierney Pfirman, #22, are from 2012. I think the article I read was wrong (or perhaps I read it too fast). The Terps also have a lower ranked player in 2012.
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...-rankings?classyear=2012&classmonth=12&rank=9

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't see a player named Taylor on the link you provided, maybe its a different person? I don't get the bad wrap on Frese either people are mad that we supposedly lose a commitment to them but look at other schools who get the same fortune, they are not criticized. It is the player who changes the mind, not an opposing coach forcing them. For instance Penn State lost two recruits this year one to Michigan State one to Syracuse, were MSU and SU coaches being unethical? Did the players just change their mind? Losing one to MSU is even worse because they are conference foes.

Personally I see them as the best overall program in the ACC. UNC is struggling right now Hatchell might be nearing the end of her run and Duke has issues to me. Losing good assistant coaches and the offense they run is not the best.
I should have removed Taylor from the list. She was one of the defections. I believe she is now at Penn State. Dara Taylor was #52 in her class per HG.

UNC's program is a shadow of its former self. They lost by 31 to South Carolina and by 19 to Penn State. We should handle them by 30-50. I am not sure how Maryland stacks up with Duke and Miami, but we'll know fairly soon.

Reaction Score
As for the early Gtown game Rogers was playing with a undisclosed injury before being forced to sit out thus Gtown early season struggles. Good win by UMD as they have no control over the other teams injuries and handled their business.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As for the early Gtown game Rogers was playing with a undisclosed injury before being forced to sit out thus Gtown early season struggles. Good win by UMD as they have no control over the other teams injuries and handled their business.
I saw that Sugar got limited PT and wondered why. Thanks.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Dara Taylor is now with Penn State. She is unavailable this year due to the need to sit out after transfer. My objections to Maryland have nothing to do with losing a player to them. I do not think that Frese is a great coach. I see her as a adequate coach who is a great recruiter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dara Taylor is now with Penn State. She is unavailable this year due to the need to sit out after transfer. My objections to Maryland have nothing to do with losing a player to them. I do not think that Frese is a great coach. I see her as a adequate coach who is a great recruiter.
I concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger