Maryland responds to ACC Lawsuit | The Boneyard

Maryland responds to ACC Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Click here for Baltimore Sun blog.

The result of Maryland's dispute with the ACC could set the course for the further shifting of conference afiliations in college athletics. The Kansas City Star posited in an article today (which I blogged about seperately) that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany may be waiting to see whether the fee is enforceable before approaching other ACC schools about jumping to the Big Ten.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Let's hope the ACC wins!

Why?

Also, me thinks the ACC has a really big problem on their hand. They just replaced a middle of the road football/bball school with a #1 ranked bball team, and football team that just won a BCS Bowl. The ACC may end up owing UMD a buck or two for leaving.

Reaction Score
I don't think it matters who wins just as long as it gets settled quickly. If MD wins then look for B1G to target more ACC schools. If ACC wins then that could be Uconn's ticket to the B1G.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the acc lost guys. they lost big time.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think it matters who wins just as long as it gets settled quickly. If MD wins then look for B1G to target more ACC schools. If ACC wins then that could be Uconn's ticket to the B1G.

I think the ACC winning would gum up the works and leave UConn in purgatory.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC winning would gum up the works and leave UConn in purgatory.
Even if the ACC loses, there's no guarantee the B1G will be able to succeed in adding UNC, etc.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're never going to the Big Ten.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Would you rather be in the ACC or the B1G?
We are not going to the B1G........ They don't want us.

Reaction Score
One can try to analyze which alternative is better for us, but recognize that the way conference realignment has been going, we should assume if anything happens, no matter what, or situation will simply get worse.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
One can try to analyze which alternative is better for us, but recognize that the way conference realignment has been going, we should assume if anything happens, no matter what, or situation will simply get worse.

I gave you a like. But I don't really like what you said, I just agree with it.

Reaction Score
We're never going to the Big Ten.
The way things seem taking shape, in the end, all there probably will be on the east coast is the SEC and the B1G and maybe the Big 12. If you want to settle for the ACC, which will be relegated to MAC-status, be my guest.

No desire for self-promotion but I have had someone very, very well-connected say to me it can happen.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Any opinion on the ACC withholding Maryland's payments to collect early on the disputed exit fee? Seems like overreaching to me, unless its outlined in the ACC constitution.

Reaction Score

I do not think the real BL said this. He never would get our and or confused.

Thus, click your heels three times and say home sweet home.

Reaction Score

Our situation can't get worse. The more re-alignment the better. The status quo is the worst. Even if somehow Cincy and USF are poached ahead of us, our situation doesn't deteriorate that more.

Any re-alignment opens up multiple seats in bigger conferences, and at this point, unless CCSU is being considered by the power conferences, that can only help us now.

Reaction Score
The ACC has already lost. The only thing this law suit determines is how long it takes, a soon to be former ACC team, to earn it's exit fees back.

An ACC team will not pass on a B1G, SEC or Big 12 invite due to the size of the exit fee.

Reaction Score
At this point, as long as Uconn can salvage something that includes two or three of Cuse/Pitt/Ville/BC/Duke. I've given up on the Uconn pipe dream of playing big time football. Give me a team that can win that league on occasion, play a bowl game more years than not. They can recoup on the entertainment value by at least finding some of their old pals to have fun with and not be so alone in this. Hold me. Being constantly associated with Cinci and USF feels like spending Xmas with your adopted third cousins.

Reaction Score
If the majority of FBS schools ever break away from the NCAA, I really doubt UConn would be left behind.

Reaction Score
If the majority of FBS schools ever break away from the NCAA, I really doubt UConn would be left behind.

I wish I could share your optimism. I see the odds as 5-1 against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom