Maryland Ohio State | The Boneyard

Maryland Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
100% stupidity from Edsall and the Terps at the end of the first half.

They got back in the game and then decided they were going 90+ yards into the wind with one timeout and 1:10 left.

Immediate int and ballgame.

Reaction Score
100% stupidity from Edsall and the Terps at the end of the first half.

They got back in the game and then decided they were going 90+ yards into the wind with one timeout and 1:10 left.

Immediate int and ballgame.
Thanks for the update. I had to turn it off. It was a paid commercial for the Big Ten. The game was in the background.

Reaction Score
It was 24-3, when I tuned away. The read option qb gives edsall fits still. I always felt like his defensive ends got too deep upfield to set contain leaving his lbs with too much space in one on ones with an athletic qb.

Umd looks like they belong, but OSU moved the ball up and down the field in workman like fashion.

Reaction Score
UMD had a great crowd at home. OSU ranked 20th without Braxton Miller. Coulda been a defining moment for Randy at Maryland, instead they get curb stomped. Has to be deflating. Needs to execute better.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
RE has many strong qualities...but is he a strong enough football mind to take a good team to great? Not sure. I always felt like there was a ceiling with RE at UConn...most of that was UConn..but I never felt like he had the ability to be creative enough to overcome in challenging situations. He could at some level....but I remember Wake in the bowl....OK game...and pretty much any WVU game. He played so conservative that the team never really had a chance to win.

So with all that talent in MD on offense...can he find the right plan to surprise top teams? I guess the answer is "not yet".

Very good coach who was great for UConn....not sure he is an elite coach though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
RE has many strong qualities...but is he a strong enough football mind to take a good team to great? Not sure. I always felt like there was a ceiling with RE at UConn...most of that was UConn..but I never felt like he had the ability to be creative enough to overcome in challenging situations. He could at some level....but I remember Wake in the bowl....OK game...and pretty much any WVU game. He played so conservative that the team never really had a chance to win.

So with all that talent in MD on offense...can he find the right plan to surprise top teams? I guess the answer is "not yet".

Very good coach who was great for UConn....not sure he is an elite coach though.

He'd be like the second or third best coach in the American but is the 9th or 10th best coach in the Big Ten.

He has this thing where he is either hyper aggressive or hyper conservative and cant figure out a balance.

Reaction Score
17-25 so far at Maryland, live it, can't happen to a nicer guy

Maybe he goes like 2-6 in B1G and they finally fire him. Plank has no patience for his failures.

Reaction Score
It was 24-3, when I tuned away. The read option qb gives edsall fits still. I always felt like his defensive ends got too deep upfield to set contain leaving his lbs with too much space in one on ones with an athletic qb.

Umd looks like they belong, but OSU moved the ball up and down the field in workman like fashion.

No argument here in fact I agree. For those that blame this loss on Randy they simply did not watch any of the game. I have no reason to be a Maryland clowns suit apoligist but aginst Ohio St their O line looked like ours. Multiple sacks and qb hurries all day long. He obviously has expanded his O variety to counter but they were simply no match.

Reaction Score
UMD had a great crowd at home. OSU ranked 20th without Braxton Miller. Coulda been a defining moment for Randy at Maryland, instead they get curb stomped. Has to be deflating. Needs to execute better.

It was their FIRST sellout since 2008! Kind of surprised about that..... Hell, we could sell out Gillette with Ohio State..... Well, maybe now but definitely in 2009! LOL.....

Reaction Score

I would say "good" coach. I can't get to "very." He was a good coach. He had a lot of help from the fact that we were in a BCS conference, and he had the undeniable impediments: Uconn, Northeast, no tradition, and, of course, recruiting in trailers. And for those of you who want to belittle, or make fun of that, take a step back and think about it. Let's see, U Miami, all the bells and whistles, or trailers? Hmmmm.

Reaction Score
Would Glen Mason be an unfair comparison? He built up a moribund Kansas program, left for what he thought was greener pastures in Minnesota, put up decent seasons there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom