Maryland @ Michigan - 2/22/18 | The Boneyard

Maryland @ Michigan - 2/22/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maryland down 68-63 with 28 secs left. Game over. Michigan knocks off the Terrapins 71-65. Maryland (22-6) now riding a 3 game losing streak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Michigan Upsets Maryland. 71-65

Loss doesn't really impact Maryland as they'll still host tournament games. Michigan win, probably guarantees that Michigan makes the tournament which they most likely would have even with a loss.

Reaction Score

Loss doesn't really impact Maryland as they'll still host tournament games. Michigan win, probably guarantees that Michigan makes the tournament which they most likely would have even with a loss.

has it already been decided that MD will host the tournament games ? They are 6-5 vs top 50 teams. (Sagarin)

Reaction Score
has it already been decided that MD will host the tournament games ? They are 6-5 vs top 50 teams. (Sagarin)
I don't think so. They were just among the 16 team group that was last released. It was not the final release, just the final one before the actual teams are named. They are not going to release the actual list with regular season games and tournament games still remaining to be played. In fact I believe that list was compiled- if not released- before Marylands previous loss before even this last one was counted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
b10standings.jpg

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Not at all, but then again everyone keeps losing so...

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I was at this game. Not an inspiring game by either team but I give the Michigan kids credit for not panicking when they gave up a decent lead more than once.

MD missed all their threes and also missed six free throws.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or is Brenda Frese the most unaffected coach when her team is losing. She is either calm or smiling so much? :confused:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I was at this game. Not an inspiring game by either team but I give the Michigan kids credit for not panicking when they gave up a decent lead more than once.

MD missed all their threes and also missed six free throws.

Three other quick things cross my mind perhaps worth sharing:

1) We often discuss attendance data. There were just under 3,000 fans at last night's game - the arena holds about 18,000 so it was 1/6 full. But they close off the top tiers so it had more of a feel of being about 1/3 to 1/2 full. Interestingly, the local media points out that there is a steady decline in attendance at the men's game, a trend that's been going on for about 5 years now.

2) MD now has a three-game slide, and last night they probably lost the conference crown to OSU - first time since they entered the B1G. I was stunned how calm Friese was on the sideline. She almost looked resigned to what was happening. She kept her cool even when her players made some astonishingly bad moves.

3) There were two Maryland fans sitting to my right. One of them had the most curious sign: "Fear the Brenda". Any Terrapin fans out there who might shed light on any deep meaning behind these words? :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There were two Maryland fans sitting to my right. One of them had the most curious sign: "Fear the Brenda". Any Terrapin fans out there who might shed light on any deep meaning behind these words? :rolleyes:
Good stuff. Glad you got to enjoy the game in person. I have seen/heard Maryland fans with signs/saying "Fear The Turtle" so I'm guessing "Fear The Brenda" is a morph of that saying. Anyway, that's all I got! :)

Reaction Score

Mich was far from a shoe in for making tourney before this win. They were fading while MN Neb Purdue were on the upswing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom