Maryland may be for Real | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland may be for Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I sincerely hope not. I lost all respect for Walz during that Baylor game. That was not basketball.

LOL gotta love revisionist history. Did you actually see the game? Yes, there was fouling, hard play at the beginning, but then it stopped. Might I suggest you review the UConn/Penn State game and tell me how much respect you lose for Geno after that game.... sheesh.

Reaction Score
LOL gotta love revisionist history. Did you actually see the game? Yes, there was fouling, hard play at the beginning, but then it stopped. Might I suggest you review the UConn/Penn State game and tell me how much respect you lose for Geno after that game.... sheesh.

Yes I watched the Baylor Ville game and also the Penn st/UConn game when Barbara Turner bounced Kelly Mazzante around like pin ball machine. Didn't like that either. Sheesh to you too.

Reaction Score
I'm a little confused. No disrespect to the terps but who have they played to deserve this thread?

Reaction Score
I was at that game. Lost all respect for Mazzanti - too soft. :p

DT got that treatment EVERY game, but she just broke through it and rose above

Reaction Score
They're the one team I worry about and not just over scoreboard. The goon style of ball they play is bad enough when the men do it but to see women banging away at is a step or a lot of steps in the wrong direction.

Remember the Big East?

Reaction Score
I'm a little confused. No disrespect to the terps but who have they played to deserve this thread?
They beat a top 25 team by 40+ points. Other than Brionna Jones and Charles, they did not play well. Gave up 20 offensive rebounds and had 19 turnovers. They will not beat any top 5 team playing like that. Brenda didn't use her very deep bench very well either.

Reaction Score
Remember the Big East?
Yeah I take that memory down and blow the dust off of it from time to time but don't miss it at all and don't relish the idea of a regular series with a team that seems intent on bringing that style of play back.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I don't know why some people refuse to recognize how the early play affected the entire game. I guess some don't want to recognize how the year might have ended differently had the first 10 minutes of that game not been played like Donald Trump grabbing... The impact carried over the rest of the game.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Looking at the box score for MD vs WSU, I see that Ieshia Small had 7 points, 4 assists and 6 TOs. The TOs are what drove Mulkey crazy and caused Small to sit on the bench a lot. Small saw the writing on the wall that she was not going to get much playing time. I have to wonder how many minutes Brenda will give her in big games if she cannot bring that number down.

Reaction Score
Looking at the box score for MD vs WSU, I see that Ieshia Small had 7 points, 4 assists and 6 TOs. The TOs are what drove Mulkey crazy and caused Small to sit on the bench a lot. Small saw the writing on the wall that she was not going to get much playing time. I have to wonder how many minutes Brenda will give her in big games if she cannot bring that number down.
Small have actually played very well until Saturday. Except for Jones (20 points 20 rebounds), her sister Stephanie and Kaila Charles, the rest of the team pretty much stunk. The coaching wasn't great either which happens to Brenda sometimes. But they pulled it out at the end.

The Terps have no backup PG to Destiny Slocum (who hit a huge 3 pointer at the end of the game) so Ieshia Small will be it for two years since we signed 0 recruits for 2017. (unless we get another transfer or JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom