Maryland may be for Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wins by 41 over 23-ranks Arizona State.

Reaction Score
They're the one team I worry about and not just over scoreboard. The goon style of ball they play is bad enough when the men do it but to see women banging away at is a step or a lot of steps in the wrong direction.

Reaction Score
We press because we have athletes. But our style of playing isn't goon style (like Louisville used to play). The Louisville game will be the key game of the early season for Maryland. There will be lots of talent on the floor that night.

Reaction Score
Brionna Jones is the real deal...not sure we can stop her unless Nat can stay focused and out of foul trouble...of all the contenders for the NC, MD may be the most overlooked

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
ASU has been overrated since last year. As for "Goon Ball:, well, it seems to work for Mississippi State, and the majority of SEC teams. That it's non-creative and antiquated hasn't stopped the NCAA from seeding so many of these teams every year. Just in time for their annual exodus from The Dances as the more motion oriented, better shooting teams take them out.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Brionna Jones is the real deal...not sure we can stop her unless Nat can stay focused and out of foul trouble...of all the contenders for the NC, MD may be the most overlooked

I agree with this. Nobody is talking about Maryland but they have a good team. Jones and Walker-Kimbrough are 1st team All-American caliber and they have good players around them... don't sleep on the Terps.

Reaction Score
But but but I thought their weak opening schedule meant they were doomed to failure?
Odd. This may be the first time I've ever nodded my head in agreement with one of your posts.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I also think that Arizona State is not a top-25 team, but still, this is an impressive performance. The score after 2 quarters was 47-13. Maryland treated ASU like one of those D-II scrub exhibition teams.

Will be very interesting when Ms. Frese takes her team to visit her former assistant, Mr. Walz, in six days.

JordyG

Reaction Score
But but but I thought their weak opening schedule meant they were doomed to failure?
It does. Clearly time will tell, but Baylor by testing their young players ON THE ROAD early will pay dividends in March. My respect for Mulkey went up 2 notches. No one has EVER denied Maryland's talent. No one has ever questioned Frese ability to recruit. But as Jones said after losing to The UConn, "This was a learning experience...it woke up a lot of our younger player who are still acting young." Wake up calls in the quarters is too late.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
ASU has been overrated since last year. As for "Goon Ball:, well, it seems to work for Mississippi State, and the majority of SEC teams. That it's non-creative and antiquated hasn't stopped the NCAA from seeding so many of these teams every year. Just in time for their annual exodus from The Dances as the more motion oriented, better shooting teams take them out.
Sounds like they could use Courtney . . .

JordyG

Reaction Score
Sounds like they could use Courtney . . .
Seeing Sadie's success out west I can't wait to watch Courtney and De'janae take off. Makes a body feel good.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They seem to play well and look very strong during the season. They faded near the end last season. However, they have a lot of talent and I believe they will be a tough team for UCONN to beat this season.

Reaction Score
Their tied with unranked Washington st. at the half 34-34 so how real can they be?

As I noted in another Maryland thread, I suspect all the close back-and-forth scoring today is a result, in part, of all the back-to-back games these teams are engaged in with these holiday jamboree/tournament schedules. The teams with the stamina, and the deeper benches, are pulling away at the end.

Reaction Score
As I noted in another Maryland thread, I suspect all the close back-and-forth scoring today is a result, in part, of all the back-to-back games these teams are engaged in with these holiday jamboree/tournament schedules. The teams with the stamina, and the deeper benches, are pulling away at the end.
Don't let the final score fool you Maryland scored the last 7 points from the foul line as WS was forced to foul at the end. They better get a lot better if they want to beat uconn.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We press because we have athletes. But our style of playing isn't goon style (like Louisville used to play). The Louisville game will be the key game of the early season for Maryland. There will be lots of talent on the floor that night.

I'm sure Jeff Walz will bring it back out, when necessary. Maybe on Sunday against my Gamecocks.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm sure Jeff Walz will bring it back out, when necessary. Maybe on Sunday against my Gamecocks.
Kinda tough to play bruteball when you're using 4 guards the majority of the time. The last few years Walz hasn't played a low post style. I think this game will be a wake up call for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom