Maryland @ Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland @ Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
So, we have seen the games thus far!

Who should had been the #1 seed in the Louisville Region???

Reaction Score
I want Louisville to win also. Something about Brenda Freese bugs me. Plus, I think it would prove a few people wrong who don't think they deserved a one seed.
That's like saying the fact that the UConn men made the final 4 proves they should've been a #1 seed. Or that Wichita St shouldn't have been a 1. Your resume is your resume.

If Louisville didn't beat Baylor last year, I doubt most would've thought they were a #1 seed. What you did last year doesn't affect the seedings. This year, they lost to Kentucky and their best regular season win was over a 7 seed LSU. Maybe a 2, but definitely not worthy of a 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Doris just sits there and babbles. Most of the time I don't even pay attention.
She sure is a babbler. You're right her tone had killed me in the past. I've got to tune her out.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hey, I want that poster who was saying that Simmons is better than Shoni to come back.

I was thinking the same thing - where Simmons would just blast through the pack ignoring open players, Shoni is making some great dishes leading to baskets. She will have a few assists this game I am sure

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... anyone who watched this first half want to argue that ND has no chance against either of these teams? A big loss for the Irish, but they are a disciplined team with really good players who can shoot. I will admit it got a lot harder for them, but ...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And watching last nights game and tonights first game and I am sure the second game as well - home teams hosting regions is a really bad idea. It just is not fair competition. With Uconn having trouble shooting in Lincoln, I am glad they did not end up playing a home team that is comfortable on that court.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No way....Simmons shot her way to the demise of Tenn.

read the post, dude. We want them to come back - so we can poke fun at them

Reaction Score
So ... anyone who watched this first half want to argue that ND has no chance against either of these teams? A big loss for the Irish, but they are a disciplined team with really good players who can shoot. I will admit it got a lot harder for them, but ...

Even with the big lose of Anchowa ND scan still beat either teams playing right now.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UcMiami said:

I was thinking the same thing.

That's a tough one because both Maryland and Louisville know ND. Maryland actually played ND tough once this seAson so the possibility is there!

Where Louisville is concerned, they look like thy want it so i dont know???

Should be a good game either way!

Reaction Score
read the post, dude. We want them to come back - so we can poke fun at them
Hey dude, I just responded who could have thought Simmons is greater than Shoni dude!:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Louisville better be in superb physical shape because they are playing way too fast with too many lost opportunities. Trying to neutralize size with speed and it is just a draw. PS. Guard Rutan!

Reaction Score
UcMiami said:
And watching last nights game and tonights first game and I am sure the second game as well - home teams hosting regions is a really bad idea. It just is not fair competition. With Uconn having trouble shooting in Lincoln, I am glad they did not end up playing a home team that is comfortable on that court.

The rim at the end of the court Uconn was shooting at in the first half of both games was unfriendly. But was equally unfriendly in the second half to BYU and aTm. I can tell you if Nebraska had made it to the regional the place would have been loud and rocking. But most of the Nebraska fans I talked to felt it probably would not have been enough of a factor to pull off the upset.

Geno has said he will not allow UCONN to bid on a regional. The problem with neutral sites is attendance. Nebraska advertised the heck out of the regional even though their team did not advance. Would have been interesting to see the attendance figures in South Bend and Louisville if the bowed out in the sweet sixteen.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So, we have seen the games thus far!

Who should had been the #1 seed in the Louisville Region???

Maryland ??

It was a toss-up for me who to pick to come out of the bracket.... but i picked Louisville simply because of the home court factor. I might would have had a shot at the title if I'd gone with my initial thought :oops:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Shonni has tried to do too much and over-amped her team in the process. Now she's tired enough to have lost her shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom