Maryland lawsuit timeline? | The Boneyard

Maryland lawsuit timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when MD's lawsuit against the ACC is expected to be settled? We can talk about all the ridiculous possibilities all we want, but 100% nothing happens until this case is resolved.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dude, this is a complex piece of litigation. There are motions to be filed, writs to be writ, depositions to be taken, handjobs from paralegals to be billed as client meetings....this will all take time.

25 minutes.

Reaction Score
Dude, this is a complex piece of litigation. There are motions to be filed, writs to be writ, depositions to be taken, handjobs from paralegals to be billed as client meetings....this will all take time.

25 minutes.

and don't forget espirit de corps's

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I started a thread on the MD litigation and I do a search for MD exit fee for the last 24 hours on google every day. If there is anything new on it I'll post it there.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Also, read on the WVU board (instant skepticism I know) that the deadline for UMD to file their response to the original ACC suit is Tuesday at 4pm. That doesn't represent the end of the proceedings but will result in additional information.

Reaction Score

25 minutes.

You forgot the most important piece -- lawyers being paid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
20 minutes I know. Now lets get serious
I anticipate the board seriously discussing the issue in about 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Also, read on the WVU board (instant skepticism I know) that the deadline for UMD to file their response to the original ACC suit is Tuesday at 4pm. That doesn't represent the end of the proceedings but will result in additional information.
Everything on BGN happens Tuesday at 4pm. It's their 20minutes.

Reaction Score
Bottom up...

alex_prewitt 2:09pm via web
Gansler: "When they sent us the letter, that triggered the ability for us to bring a lawsuit in court, saying you owe us this money."

alex_prewitt 2:04pm via web
Gansler said ACC has withheld around $5 million so far. According to the ACC's letter, each withholding gets subtracted from exit fee total

alex_prewitt 2:04pm via web
Gansler: "They are withholding royalties, the amount of money the University of Maryland is entitled to."

alex_prewitt 1:57pm via web
Spoke with Attorney General Doug Gansler. Said the ACC has begun withholding revenue from Maryland as "collateral against the exit fee."

alex_prewitt 1:01pm via web
Gansler called lawsuit "an antitrust violation and an illegal penalty." Seeking Maryland court to rule on the case.

alex_prewitt 1:00pm via web
Atttorney General Douglas Gansler has filed complaint on behalf of UMd. seeking to dismiss ACC's lawsuit in N.C. oag.state.md.us/Press/2013/011…

Gansler is MD AG.

Prewitt is Washington Post's University of Maryland writer

Reaction Score
Maryland Sues College Football League on Penalty for Leaving

Maryland sued the Atlantic Coast Conference after the college football association took legal action to force the University of Maryland to pay $52.3 million in exit fees for dropping out of the conference.
The state said in a complaint filed in Maryland that the exit penalty is a violation of antitrust law. Maryland also moved to dismiss the ACC’s lawsuit in state court in North Carolina,

“Our lawsuit calls the ACC’s ‘exit fee’ what it really is-- an antitrust violation and an illegal
activity,” Gansler said in the statement. “Our motion in North Carolina will ensure that a Maryland court will rule on the case.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...ootball-league-on-penalty-for-leaving-1-.html

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I bet bceagle will claim the reason BCU will never play Maryland again is because of the Maryland AG's lawsuit.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom