OT: - Maryland has fired head football coach DJ Durkin | The Boneyard

OT: Maryland has fired head football coach DJ Durkin

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The University of Maryland has fired football coach DJ Durkin one day after his reinstatement, the school announced Wednesday evening.

In a statement, president Wallace D. Loh said, "Yesterday, the University System of Maryland Board of Regents announced numerous recommendations, including employment decisions about specific personnel on our campus. I accepted the Board's recommendations. At the same time, I announced my retirement as president in June 2019.

"Since returning to campus after yesterday's press conference, I have met with the leadership of the Student Government Association speaking on behalf of numerous student organizations; the Senate Executive Committee; Deans; department chairs; and campus leadership. The overwhelming majority of stakeholders expressed serious concerns about Coach DJ Durkin returning to the campus.

[Story]

Reaction Score
They have 85 players and a few commits who are essentially free agents

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think he would wait to see what happens to Matt Canada who recruited him to Maryland. If Canada gets named permanent/"new" Head Coach he likely sticks.

Agreed, though my guess would be that Canada leaves? I have heard they’re high on Locksley as HC there, and some for coach Kenny from Navy, though not sure if they’d want to run his system. I think he’d be their best hire because Maryland is clearly going to need to do something different to compete in their conference and perhaps they can neutralize talent differences by playing a triple option

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom