Maryland/Coach Brenda Marketing The UConn Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland/Coach Brenda Marketing The UConn Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brenda Frese and MD are hyping this game...

1) Because its being played in College Park. And not Storrs.
2) Because Frese and MD legitimately think they have a great chance at beating UCONN this year.

Never one lacking for confidence , Frese has a very good team this year. May be the best blend of talent
since her NC team. Strong inside game , good ballhandlers , defense , and shooters. And depth.

This team is not to be taken lightly.
Years ago, UConn and Tenn (with ND, Stanford and a few others emerging) were the only college women's teams with a "brand." I respect what Brenda is doing. Touching all the bases-good recruiting, strong fan support, and top coaching. Directly or indirectly, Geno and UConn have been a good teacher.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It really is, isn't it? Last year, the skiing was so poor, I might as well have packed it in for the winter. Now, the winter of 2014-2015, that was worth missing out on some zzz'a!

Just turned back, headed for Smuggler's Notch...the sky:inky black, the snow coming down so hard you couldn't see a thing. Yesterday was terrif....good lookin season Pinot.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Just turned back, headed for Smuggler's Notch...the sky:inky black, the snow coming down so hard you couldn't see a thing. Yesterday was terrif....good lookin season Pinot.

Very glad to hear that! I got really spoiled 2 winters ago, as the snow conditions down here were "northern New England" quality. Last year, really, the window for quality skiing was, maybe, a month, and I had a wowzer of a cold/mini-flu at that time, which really sapped my energy and enthusiasm.

Reaction Score
If Brenda really wants to hype the game she should guarantee a Terp victory. After all, THIS is the year to get UConn, Geno actually has to coach this year, etc.
For all of Brenda's hutzpah I don't think she would be so bold as to declare a guaranteed Terp victory. Just not a smart thing to do and she is not a stupid woman.;)

Reaction Score
A couple of things come to mind. Its the holiday season and the students are on vacation so it will be hard to get people to attend. I think she also sees the opportunity to get more TV coverage and I really think she is thinking that will a full house she has a better chance against UConn. IMO it doesnt matter UConn will win. Hey bottom line the name UConn Womens sells itself and they attract fans so why not sell it and make some money as well as get fannies in the seats.
I agree to a point. When you do what I would consider a ridiculous promotion it may hurt your image. I have no idea what kind of clear bag this is, but I for one would not give a flip about getting a free bag to go to a UCONN/Maryland game. Maybe putting teams like UCONN on the court instead of whatever Div II teams they play might be better than a free bag and draw more attention to their program and WCBB in general. I just looked at their schedule so far and it is really embarrassing to have a team ranked #4 that literally plays no one, with the exception of Louisville.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Frese Fest?? 12 Days Of??? OMG.....what else will there be in the other 11 days???:eek:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Brenda Frese and MD are hyping this game...

1) Because its being played in College Park. And not Storrs.
2) Because Frese and MD legitimately think they have a great chance at beating UCONN this year.

Never one lacking for confidence , Frese has a very good team this year. May be the best blend of talent
since her NC team. Strong inside game , good ballhandlers , defense , and shooters. And depth.

Agree that UMD is a tough team. I would not say their SOS will have been impressive heading into their game against UConn, but they've been beating the pants off of teams they should beat.

If all goes for our Huskies as we hope it does heading into this game, 87 wins in a row would be on the line. We could not have more history on the line, history that five WNBA first-rounders contributed to, history that would even make Maya, Diana, and Breanna smile.

I will have to watch on TV, but I will be glued to the television via the most powerful adhesive around.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Y'all should just relax. I've told y'all before, this is all just part of the master plan by the master manipulator. Surprise the WCBB world by playing strawmen/cupcakes, luring in an unsuspecting UConn, then BOOM. Drop the FreseFrozen Hammer. You guys just can't see the long view.
Send me a ticket and save a seat by the fire.

Reaction Score
Frese Fest?? 12 Days Of??? OMG.....what else will there be in the other 11 days???:eek:
I was kind of wondering that myself. If they give out free clear bags to fans going to the Maryland-UConn game, I wonder what you get when you go to the big Maryland-Baltimore Community College match up?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I imagine this (or similar) is what they are offering. Not a bad idea with the new clear bag policies at many venues.

thumb.aspx

Reaction Score

I agree: Look at their roster and their stats. Sure, they have played a lot of "cupcakes," but they also have a couple respectable wins (Arizona State, Washington State, Louisville [at Louisville]). The match ups will be challenges for UConn. I know our coaching staff does not take any opponent for granted, and neither should we fans. Of course I am hoping for a victory to close out 2016 undefeated for the calendar year (assuming we first get past Ohio State!), but after last year's Maryland game at MSG, I'm also nervous!

Reaction Score
I agree: Look at their roster and their stats. Sure, they have played a lot of "cupcakes," but they also have a couple respectable wins (Arizona State, Washington State, Louisville [at Louisville]). The match ups will be challenges for UConn. I know our coaching staff does not take any opponent for granted, and neither should we fans. Of course I am hoping for a victory to close out 2016 undefeated for the calendar year (assuming we first get past Ohio State!), but after last year's Maryland game at MSG, I'm also nervous!
I'm hoping Saniya will give us some more big 3s in this year's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom