Maryland Bus Trip/Group Hotel Rate | The Boneyard

Maryland Bus Trip/Group Hotel Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's way too early for most people, but I've put together a bus trip and group hotel rates for the UConn/MD game on September 15th.

Given that we don’t know what time the game is yet, I’m planning on leaving Friday September 14th from Connecticut around noontime, and coming back Sunday morning. This may change when we figure out what time the game is. Cost would be $85/person for the bus ride. As with the ND/Michigan buses, we'd stop in Manchester and Waterbury, with a stop added in North Haven if we get enough people.

For the hotel, it doesn’t get much better location wise- the UMUC Marriott is about 500 yards from the football stadium. My group rate is $104/night, $15 below the retail rate- I’ve got a block of 35 double rooms and 15 king rooms for both nights (Friday and Saturday) with 10 rooms on Thursday and Sunday if people wanted to stay longer on either side. If you just want the hotel, please reserve these soon (and please make sure you do it under the “Connecticut Football Fans” group) so that I can keep a good number of rooms available for those who will be coming on the bus/buses. You can reserve the rooms now- the block is set up and you won’t pay anything until we go down there. If you’re interested, call Marriott Reservations at 1 (800) 453-0309 or (301) 985-7300 to make reservations, and identify yourself as part of the “Connecticut Football Fans” group staying at The Marriott Inn & Conference Center, University of Maryland University College, located at 3501 University Boulevard E, Adelphi, MD 20783-7998.

For those planning to drive to keep costs down, keep in mind that tolls are about $40 roundtrip, and parking at the hotel isn't free ($8/night and $15 on gameday).

Tailgating info to come- looking to plan a Michigan style tailgate for those Boneyarders who were there for that one.

Those who are interested in the bus, please contact me at phalen@ironwoodcap.com

-Ryan Phalen

Reaction Score
Ryan,

Never too early to plan for the Edsall bowl.

I think we are driving down. But if we don't this sounds like a great option.

The Lumberyard Boneyard at Michigan was outstanding. You did a great job (as usual) and I'm looking forward to the Maryland version already.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Awesome. As you mentioned, it's early, but this game/weekend is the leading contender for my bachelor party... I'll definitely have to keep this in mind. (I'll also be checking out other UConn away games as potential bachelor weekends... hell, why stop with just one? haha)

Reaction Score
This game may decide Edsall's future. Wouldn't be surprised to see some fancy maneuver by Maryland to eliminate this contest

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This game may decide Edsall's future. Wouldn't be surprised to see some fancy maneuver by Maryland to eliminate this contest
Indeed. Thought crossed my mind, too. Only hangup, though, is can they afford the buyout? Maryland AD isn't exactly flush with cash at the moment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The irony of it all is that we used to joke about how many coaches went from the hot seat to the unemployment line after losing to an Edsall coached Uconn team.

Reaction Score
How about making up some t-shirts? Maybe a list of the things that made Maryland Randys "Dream Job." How about starting with a decline in fan attendance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger