Maryland (7) @ Minnesota - 3/01/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland (7) @ Minnesota - 3/01/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maryland has been playing really well. That said, Minnesota looks like a team from the bottom of the AAC. What is going on in Gopherland?

Reaction Score
Too late for Whalen to get her Lynx position back? :rolleyes:

I hope so. She hasn’t been in good enough shape for the WNBA level for a few years now.

Reaction Score
One of the Minnesota seniors, Brunson, publicly got engaged after the Senior Day ceremony.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to believe Maryland should be mentioned in the same breath as South Carolina, Oregon and Baylor.
That question was asked during the game and Crème stated that Oregon, South Carolina and Baylor are still in a class by themselves. Maryland have been playing well lately. Both offensively and defensively. Because of their recent history, they still have a lot to prove.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm starting to believe Maryland should be mentioned in the same breath as South Carolina, Oregon and Baylor.
If the South Carolina fans aren't shaking at the prospect of a Final Four matchup with MD, they aren't watching.

Reaction Score
I poked fun at Brenda earlier in the year but I have been extremely impressed with Maryland and their turn around. They are playing some of the best ball in the country right now, would not want them anywhere near my bracket. Brenda has done a great job. Their offense is scoring from everywhere with some suffocating defense. The chemistry of the team has really come together. I think it was shaky at first trying to incorporate the freshmen at first but things have significantly improved since.

Will be interesting to see what Maryland does in the post season.

Reaction Score
If the South Carolina fans aren't shaking at the prospect of a Final Four matchup with MD, they aren't watching.
Maryland has to get to the Final 4 first. (actually South Carolina too).

Reaction Score
I don't really think anything can be said about this game. Remember that Whalen suspended her top scorer and then the player in response announced transfer. Even Bello got left behind for a road trip in whatever happened. I think Whalen is changing a culture and that takes some time. Her bosses must be happy with what she is doing organization wise and that will translate to wins as she gets her recruits.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maybe I am a bit tired from the drive this morning, but are you seriously saying that the Gamecock's need to be worried about MD or are you trolling them? Minn is terrible and while MD is on a great little win streak, the Big Ten has 8 teams in the Top 50 RPI, it has no elite teams besides this Maryland team who is a top 8 caliber team. I will be shocked if any Big10 team besides Maryland makes to the Sweet16. In fact, I would be shocked if 4 teams make it to the second round. Yes, 8 teams are worthy of bids, just not good enough to go on any kind of run.

As Maryland almost never plays any teams outside it's conference after January, her record is suspect as we don't know how they would look against an SC, Baylor, Oregon, Louisville or UConn.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but I am with Charlie on this, Maryland has much to prove to be considered a favorite for the 4th candidate of the Final Four. I am even willing to have UConn put in their region to find out how good they are...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Maybe I am a bit tired from the drive this morning, but are you seriously saying that the Gamecock's need to be worried about MD or are you trolling them? Minn is terrible and while MD is on a great little win streak, the Big Ten has 8 teams in the Top 50 RPI, it has no elite teams besides this Maryland team who is a top 8 caliber team. I will be shocked if any Big10 team besides Maryland makes to the Sweet16. In fact, I would be shocked if 4 teams make it to the second round. Yes, 8 teams are worthy of bids, just not good enough to go on any kind of run.

As Maryland almost never plays any teams outside it's conference after January, her record is suspect as we don't know how they would look against an SC, Baylor, Oregon, Louisville or UConn.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but I am with Charlie on this, Maryland has much to prove to be considered a favorite for the 4th candidate of the Final Four. I am even willing to have UConn put in their region to find out how good they are...:rolleyes:
I agree with the last line. Louisville would also be a great test for Maryland in the Elite 8.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You dont think Northwestern or Iowa makes the sweet 16?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You dont think Northwestern or Iowa makes the sweet 16?
Nope. I am actually rooting for Duke to make it over one of them, despite JPM short-comings as I like that group of seniors...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom