Maryland -24 v UConn | The Boneyard

Maryland -24 v UConn

Reaction Score
BCU has better chance of beating FSU than UConn vs. Maryland. Michigan State only 12 over FAU. Getting to FAU level should not be a bridge too far.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Full disclosure: I'm not really much of a gambler, but the time to make money on UConn football may will be before Vegas realizes the degree to which we've upgraded our skill positions.

Reaction Score
I think they are better but can we make a game of it? I think we can. I think something like NC State last year. Punchers chance? Heck yeah!

Reaction Score
The first week of the season is when better teams are most vulnerable. I’m not saying we will beat Maryland but you always want to play a better team the first week of the season. Remember, we were in the NC State game last year until a couple of late game mistakes by us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am so looking forward to see how our OL holds up... Week 1 (or is it 0?) vs. Maryland can't come fast enough...
That, I'm curious who will be our eventual quarterback, I'm curious to see if our receivers can actually get separation, and even better actually get receptions, and I'm curious if our guys can stay with the opponents wide receivers. In summary, I'm curious about everything, because it feels like it's all changing. Given our record last season, that's exciting.

Reaction Score
That, I'm curious who will be our eventual quarterback, I'm curious to see if our receivers can actually get separation, and even better actually get receptions, and I'm curious if our guys can stay with the opponents wide receivers. In summary, I'm curious about everything, because it feels like it's all changing. Given our record last season, that's exciting.
I agree about QB... but I think it's Evers (regardless)... Too much invested in him at this point not to believe that will be the case to start the season off (at the very least)... but if our OL can do some things, allowing us to establish our run game... I just think that will always be a huge factor for our program... not that we need to run the ball all the time ... we gotta be able to chuck it too... running the football will allow us to control the clock a bit... It would be nice to see that group set a tone that no one expected...

Reaction Score

I think these numbers are biased a bit. Not that teams are better than us but there is a certain built in bias. mid tier Big 10 Maryland is better than mid tier ACC teams? I think it’s unlikely. Maryland lost their quarterback and an all conference tight end. Going to thought to replace

Reaction Score
I have a friend who was a cheerleader at Maryland. Years ago, a large group of us went to the UConn game when they hosted Maryland, the game where Stefon Diggs smoked us for one deep TD play.

Anyways, I just checked the box score, and I have a vivid memory of the 4th quarter: Maryland scores again and the score is 32-13 and my friend looks back from her seat and feigns so, I forgot my glasses, what's the score of the game?ˆ

Ever since then, I've wanted to seek revenge against the Maryland football program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are probably saying the same thing.
One of my favorite funny memories from being a UConn fan, was the shuttle bus driver at the Maryland game that first year asking me if I'd take Edsel back home with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom