Mary Tyler Moore dead at 80 | The Boneyard

Mary Tyler Moore dead at 80

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
She is one of those actresses where I wonder why she wasn't a bigger star. I thought she was fantastic on the Mary Tyler Moore show, and awesome in Ordinary People. She only had 3 major movie roles in the 16 years after Ordinary People, and that was basically it for her career. That was an Oscar winning movie in which she was nominated for Best Actress and won a Golden Globe. Donald Sutherland had some individual years where he did 3 major movies, and he wasn't even nominated for an Oscar out of that movie.

She was attractive, and could do comedy and drama. I would have thought that she would have loaded up on the mom roles in her 50's and 60's like Ellen Burstyn did. Diane Keaton is still getting major roles, and I think she is mediocre on her good days. Instead, Mary Tyler Moore ended up on a bunch of failed TV shows, a few TV movies recycling old characters, and then just wandered off. I hope she curb stomped her agent along the way, because she should have done better.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Loved both the Dick Van Dyke Show & MTM show. Remember her with a laugh.

I re-watched the Chuckles episode this afternoon. Still a top 5 all time episode of any sitcom in my book. It had to be difficult as hell for Asner, McLeod, et.al. to just not lose during the funeral scene.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom