Marvin Washington | The Boneyard

Marvin Washington

Reaction Score
How come Marvin wasn't on the trip to Tampa for the South Florida game?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
May be grades. About the time of the semester when you realize grades are an issue.

Putting on my speculative hat, that's what I thought when I heard this too.

Reaction Score
More on Washington from Day after Call w/ Edsall article from This is UConn Country

>>WHY DIDN’T MARVIN WASHINGTON MAKE THE TRIP TO TAMPA?:

“Marvin didn’t make the trip because of Marvin’s own actions. His actions this week didn’t allow himself to travel because of some of the things that he didn’t do that you are supposed to do within our program, so he didn’t travel. He’ll be back to where he was last week going into it, but there are standards that we have here, standards that guys need to live up to and if they don’t do those things, then they have to be held accountable. I think that’s one of the things that Marvin is learning that he’s going to be held accountable here. He’s a good kid he wants to do well, but he has some lapses at times that he’s his own worst enemy. As a coach, parent or teacher, when those things happen with your students, kids or players, then their needs to be repercussions because if not, then they’re going to continue to make the same mistake or do the same thing and they won’t know that it’s wrong. That’s not the way we run our program here, he knows that and you talk to kids all the time and you tell them that they need to do things the right way and if they don’t, here are things that could happen. Based on Marvin’s actions I took the action to not travel him.”<<

Reaction Score
Edsall is just parenting Washington, helping him grow up some. I think he chooses his words carefully when he talks about Marvin so he doesn’t create animosity between them. He seems to make sure it is clear that Marvin is a good kid that wants to do well but lacks discipline. Maybe it is because I’m a little older now and my kids aren’t “little”, but I like this side of Randy a lot. It isn’t easy to be a tough parent.

Reaction Score
Edsall is just parenting Washington, helping him grow up some. I think he chooses his words carefully when he talks about Marvin so he doesn’t create animosity between them. He seems to make sure it is clear that Marvin is a good kid that wants to do well but lacks discipline. Maybe it is because I’m a little older now and my kids aren’t “little”, but I like this side of Randy a lot. It isn’t easy to be a tough parent.
This is definitely one of the things I think Randy has always done well. Tough parent, good teacher and when the kids buy in they truly begin to flourish, grow as men and football players. I missed the USF game, but by all accounts I think this team is ready for a strong finish.

Reaction Score
Good for Edsall. Sounds like it could be things like late to a meeting, late to or missing a class, and not as serious as a grade problem or else because Edsall said, "he'll be back to where he was last week going into it". And then he mentioned "standards"

It would seem an issue like failing a class would not be resolved this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom