Marvin Washington not taking the trip to Tulsa | The Boneyard

Marvin Washington not taking the trip to Tulsa

Reaction Score
Twitter links not posting (Temery notified)... from GameWeek thread above:

@Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 38 seconds ago
Edsall says QB Marvin Washington won't travel again. "He can't be accountable for the things he's supposed to do."

@Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 1 minute ago
UConn back-up quarterback Marvin Washington practiced with the scout team today and won't make the trip to Tulsa, Randy Edsall says. Edsall didn't offer specifics but said Washington has to learn to be accountable.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to remember a player who was punished a second time by Edsall and then ended up having a productive career at UConn. I can't think of one. I sure hope that the coaches view Krajewski, and not Washington, as the future.

This is strike 3 (or 4) if you count Blue/White Games benching

Reaction Score
Krajewski’s red shirt is already preserved. He can now play as much as the coach puts him in and still have four more years as a Husky. Hope to see him this Saturday.
Hope to see him throwing some check downs to Dave Pindell out in space!

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Play Krejewski here and there, enough to get some experience, but not enough where he will get killed an/or lose confidence. We don't need to feed him to the wolves like Bob Debacle did with Williams. Maybe Krewjewski has bigger hands and will lead a surprise air attack on Saturday?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Getting K a few snaps isn't rushing him -- it's developing him.

Sure. As long as those snaps are not anything meaningful, I'd agree. I have no problem with getting his feet wet from time to time during the blowout portion of our upcoming blowout losses. We are so bad that throwing him out there against other teams' 1s could be a disaster and crush his confidence, ala Tim Boyle when he was here.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I wonder if Krajewski hasn't lived up to expectations, and that's why MW appears to get so many chances. This has to be the fourth time we've known that he's been in trouble--missed two spring games and then couldn't suit up twice this year. Something tells me RE is keeping a long leash for a reason here

Reaction Score
I wonder if Krajewski hasn't lived up to expectations, and that's why MW appears to get so many chances. This has to be the fourth time we've known that he's been in trouble--missed two spring games and then couldn't suit up twice this year. Something tells me RE is keeping a long leash for a reason here
Or Krajewski is good and Edsall knows we have a better chance with him so keep him around

Reaction Score
They’ve already played 8 games? This season feels like Dante’s Inferno.
What do you mean ALREADY?? You having that much fun? It seems like they have played two seasons already.

Reaction Score

You’re overthinking this.

Reaction Score
Looking like we will definitely take two QBs the next cycle.
Maybe......hopefully there are two left that are good enough to have been noticed by someone besides UConn.......the "no other offers" that seem all too common on UConn's roster are not there for a reason

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom