Marshall Thundering Turd Prediction Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marshall Thundering Turd Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
30-10 UConn. Reasons:
  • UConn hasn't been to a bowl in 5 years and this is the first bowl for Bob Diaco as head coach so focus on the task at hand should be paramount.
  • Marshal most likely hasn't seen a defense as stout as UConn's this season and....with all this extra time to prepare I doubt the Husky D will be caught off guard.
  • They have more to prove than the herd does so motivation, pride and determination will rule the day.
  • Sherriffs is back and that adds the extra dimension this work in progress offense needs to keep Marshal's defense honest.
  • Last game of the year so no reason to hold back. All hands on deck and anything and everything goes. Double reverses, flea flickers, wild cats, heck I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle toss one into the end zone from his place holder position on a field goal attempt.
  • But mostly, after all the shiet that the players have gone through the last few years they will just want it more and that can go a long way towards a win.. a convincing win.

Reaction Score
Score was (kind of) a joke, although I think we'll turn out a better offensive performance in this game than our season average. Also, Marshall's scoring defense is in part a product of the schedule. Not exactly an earth shattering achievement to hold the North Texas Mean Green to 13 pts. Yes, UConn doesn't play an SEC schedule, but our schedule is much more difficult than yours (67 vs 120 or something like that). Not trying to be a jerk, but I just personally don't hold Marshall in high regard
Phil you might possibly see here just how off you are on some of what you think are facts. We are at 83 while our opponent is at 95 . hhttps://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
No personal spitting match but turd, really ??? :confused: I could understand stumbling, bumbling, fumbling or even stated above blundering herd, but the post title is right out of 2nd grade. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Score was (kind of) a joke, although I think we'll turn out a better offensive performance in this game than our season average. Also, Marshall's scoring defense is in part a product of the schedule. Not exactly an earth shattering achievement to hold the North Texas Mean Green to 13 pts. Yes, UConn doesn't play an SEC schedule, but our schedule is much more difficult than yours (67 vs 120 or something like that). Not trying to be a jerk, but I just personally don't hold Marshall in high regard

Well, North Texas is the one you picked, but they were one of 9 teams we held below their season average. Of the three teams that exceeded their season average, none did it by more than 6 points. Are you more impressed that we held Southern Miss, the #10 scoring offense in the country, to 10 points? We did hold 8 of 12 opponents to less than 20 and 6 to 13 or less.

No reason to worry about it now, kick off in 34 hours so we'll see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
Well, I was right on the under, both defenses played well, UConn more so in the redzone as Marshall put up a ton of yards, but couldn't finish. Was off a little on the score predicting 24-17 Marshall, but was right on the spread with Marshall covering.

It wasn't the most exciting game, but fun watching good defenses. Good Game and best of luck next season.

Reaction Score
Well, I was right on the under, both defenses played well, UConn more so in the redzone as Marshall put up a ton of yards, but couldn't finish. Was off a little on the score predicting 24-17 Marshall, but was right on the spread with Marshall covering.

It wasn't the most exciting game, but fun watching good defenses. Good Game and best of luck next season.

Banker - I like your enthusiasm for defense ... but you would definitely be in the minority on the boneyard!! You're practically a throwback!!

Seriously ... glad to have you on the site and thanks for the well reasoned banter. Hopefully we'll be able to sign you guys up OOC and I'll be able to visit the memorial in Huntington.

Reaction Score

Congrats on the win Banker. Marshall's a solid team. Your freshman QB looks like a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom