Marshall Thundering Turd Prediction Thread | The Boneyard

Marshall Thundering Turd Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
My heart says win by 10 but every time I predict a huge win, we lose badly. So some reverse psychology here... we win by 3 (24-21)

Reaction Score
33-20 Dogs

They could tack one on late but I think we run the ball well enough to keep them honest and give BS time to operate. And we need to feed Thomas in this game. Early and often.

Reaction Score
34-13 UConn. And yes, that is my serious prediction. #InBobWeTrust

So you think you will put up your second highest point output of the year against the team with the highest ranked scoring defense you have played all year? Twice this season you scored more points against an opponent than they gave up on average. You scored 5 over ECUs average and 2 over UCFs average. Your prediction is to score 16 over the average Marshall allows. Marshall has given up 34 points one time in 12 games. That was to Western Kentucky who has the #4 scoring offense in the country averaging 44 ppg. Bold prediction on your part.

With the defenses both teams have, I'm inclined to take the under, currently 43.5 and see a score of 24-17 Marshall. Hoping for a good and injury free game.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
So you think you will...

Welcome to the Boneyard - National Flag Blue tinted sunglasses available at the door along with your blue solo cup. We may share your wishes for a good and injury free game but we don't necessarily do 'fair and balanced' here, especially in a prediction thread. For what it's worth, you should know we're not really serious until we start proclaiming that "we're doomed."

Reaction Score
Hey, he may be right as bowl games tend to be strange and a lot of the time it's just which team is more into it. I can't really see us giving up 34, but you never know.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn wins by 3 with a late field goal by Puyol

Reaction Score
We'll set the tone for next year with an energetic performance. Our offense will shine as Newsome sets the St Petersburg Bowl rushing record. UConn 38--Marshall 19

Reaction Score
If BD game plans to win, UConn 20-17
If BD treats it as a pre, pre, pre - season game, tinkering and testing (which is not out of the realm of possibility, then Marshall 27-17.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Hey, he may be right as bowl games tend to be strange and a lot of the time it's just which team is more into it. I can't really see us giving up 34, but you never know.

This is really true. Bowl games are such a crap shoot because of distractions like coaching changes...players graduating....the holidays....finals. Its very difficult to figure how motivated a team is at the end of the year. The only good news about being in the AAC, is that UConn doesn't have a bullseye on them. If UConn was in the B1G, Marshall would be pumped to beat a P5 team.

I actually think UConn will be more motivated in this game. Marshall expected to be in a bowl and after 9 wins is playing in yet another low level bowl. Being in a bowl isn't new to these players...and UConn won't be seen as a formidable opponent with their 6-6 record. They are bowl experienced, but not necessarily bowl energized.

UConn on the other hand has a group of seniors who are ecstatic to play in this game. UConn doesn't care who the opponent is and with a number of lower classmen starting, they know this game could really launch success in 2016.

Playing in a dome with no impact by the elements...and with a QB who is the most healthy he has been in a long while...and who also doesn't have to save himself for the next game, I think UConn puts up more points than expected. Sherriffs will run more in this game than he has in the few games that he played.

I think the more motivated UConn wins 31-17.

Reaction Score
Huskies 21
Hicks 9
Defense dominates, we get a pick six. Our offense eats clock, and controls the line of scrimmage. I look for another USF type of performance from our offense.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So you think you will put up your second highest point output of the year against the team with the highest ranked scoring defense you have played all year? Twice this season you scored more points against an opponent than they gave up on average. You scored 5 over ECUs average and 2 over UCFs average. Your prediction is to score 16 over the average Marshall allows. Marshall has given up 34 points one time in 12 games. That was to Western Kentucky who has the #4 scoring offense in the country averaging 44 ppg. Bold prediction on your part.

With the defenses both teams have, I'm inclined to take the under, currently 43.5 and see a score of 24-17 Marshall. Hoping for a good and injury free game.

Score was (kind of) a joke, although I think we'll turn out a better offensive performance in this game than our season average. Also, Marshall's scoring defense is in part a product of the schedule. Not exactly an earth shattering achievement to hold the North Texas Mean Green to 13 pts. Yes, UConn doesn't play an SEC schedule, but our schedule is much more difficult than yours (67 vs 120 or something like that). Not trying to be a jerk, but I just personally don't hold Marshall in high regard

Reaction Score
One oddity about bowl games, the halves are often completely difference. The team who dominates the first half can be dominated in the second half.

That said, predcition; Pain.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Marshall fan or not, I think you are right that it should be low scoring, unless turnovers drive the points.

I'll take UConn 17-13.

Reaction Score
Proper preparation prevents poor performance. We're physically conditioned for the game. Endurance, strength. Prepared there.

The rest is opponent specific preparation.

First and firemost is ball security, possession and turnover. That's always the casd regardless of opponent. We stay ahead and in control of that we are going to have opportunity to win the game.

I'm looking at this game as a test of Diaco's development as a head coach. We prepare for this game properly as a program, and we can dominate. They will not be ready for our defense until it hits them, and after that they will hsve trouble controlling th LOS when on offense. That is the mismatch we can exploit to win. Our defensive line.

Our execution of fundamentals is key. Blocking and tackling as 11 man units. Knowing the game plan, communicating from booth to sidelines and on the field.

getting the play calls and alignments right, comunicated, lined up and the played right - for down and distance and personnel mstchups on offense and defense within a well designed game plan.

We do all that, and we won't have to modify our game plan through the game on the way to a win, and they will be walking away with a new found respect for uconn football, like so many other opponents in the past.

And again, proper preparation prevents poor performance.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn 24
Marshall Marshall Marshall 17

Glasses of midday scotch for Dooley and Dooley's FIL: 3/each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors