Marriott Residence Inn Hartford Downtown | The Boneyard

Marriott Residence Inn Hartford Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've booked some rooms for the Michigan game at the Marriott Residence Inn Hartford Downtown (coming from DC). One of my buddies (a Michigan alum) is coming. I've already represented to him that downtown Hartford will be partying in megaforce after the UConn victory. In reality, I don't know Hartford and have not yet been to a game at the Rent. Is downtown Hartford the place to be after a game (and assuming we can't get to Ted's)? What say you people?

Reaction Score
Downtown Hartford has a lot of haters. But that is from the people who dont go there. they assume its dead. Friday/Saturday nights downtown is fun. I'd go to City Steam, Agave, Up or On the Rocks, Pigs Eye, Russian Lady, McKinnons, etc, etc,etc. All within walking distance. Bar hop all night.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure most here understand the question you are asking. I don't think you see the local bars/restaurants packed postgame (2hr waits for a table) with out of town travelers like you would in B1G country. Our RV fleet is all but non-existent.

I think most fans are local like me and are strictly tailgaters. There will probably be an uptick in the Hartford bar scene that night, but I'm not sure how noticeable it will be. I'll let the younger members tell you if DTH is still any good.

I would expect the parking lot to be lively pregame.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think DTH is probably the best place around to go after the game. The Residence Inn is right in the thick of it. City Steam is right there. Everything else in walking distance.

Reaction Score
I have been to Hartford many Saturday nights and places are pretty packed. City Steam especially. Upscale Bar Dish. You will find something to do

Reaction Score
Downtown Hartford has a lot of haters. But that is from the people who dont go there. they assume its dead. Friday/Saturday nights downtown is fun. I'd go to City Steam, Agave, Up or On the Rocks, Pigs Eye, Russian Lady, McKinnons, etc, etc,etc. All within walking distance. Bar hop all night.

My God the Russian lady is still open? She must be nasty looking with lots of spider veins now. Kind of a metaphor for Hartford.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My God the Russian lady is still open? She must be nasty looking with lots of spider veins now. Kind of a metaphor for Hartford.

Not exactly still open. Closed for a decade or so and somewhat recently reopened.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Hater. The thought never occured that it could be her hot daughter?

Reaction Score
I've booked some rooms for the Michigan game at the Marriott Residence Inn Hartford Downtown (coming from DC). One of my buddies (a Michigan alum) is coming. I've already represented to him that downtown Hartford will be partying in megaforce after the UConn victory. In reality, I don't know Hartford and have not yet been to a game at the Rent. Is downtown Hartford the place to be after a game (and assuming we can't get to Ted's)? What say you people?

I live downtown and will also be megapartying after a UConn victory over Michigan that night. If you need any specific suggestions as the date gets closer feel free to message me. We don't have a UConn themed bar downtown, but Tavern Downtown seems to get the job done for most UConn post game activities. It is a safe assumption City Steam (which is directly under your hotel) will be serving quality cold beer as well.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Its not a football town on Saturday night. I wouldn't count on any intelligible talk about football. Saturdays after 8 are dominated by under 30s getting their hormones on.

Reaction Score
Tavern downtown is great. Russian lady wreaks of stale booze. McKinnons blows. Dish is more upscale but really good. City Steam is great.

Reaction Score
I live downtown and will also be megapartying after a UConn victory over Michigan that night. If you need any specific suggestions as the date gets closer feel free to message me. We don't have a UConn themed bar downtown, but Tavern Downtown seems to get the job done for most UConn post game activities. It is a safe assumption City Steam (which is directly under your hotel) will be serving quality cold beer as well.

+ 1
awesome post.

My celebration after UConn's victory will include peeing on ACC headquarters at Grandover.

Reaction Score
Pourhouse is usually packed before/after XL games. Never gone into Hartford after a football game though.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Never went to hartford after a UConn football game. I'll echo what others have said that city steam is my favorite spot in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Never went to hartford after a UConn football game. I'll echo what others have said that city steam is my favorite spot in Hartford.
Was there after the Iowa state game and had a great time with Iowa state fans. Could t find a fellow husky that night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom