Marquette to the Big 10????....no seriously... | The Boneyard

Marquette to the Big 10????....no seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the ship is sinking, time to jump ship! I have not heard anything in some time about uconn leaving the new MAC they are calling the BE

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind not seeing Buzz around. Hurts the bball only schools more than us imho.

Reaction Score
the ship is sinking, time to jump ship! I have not heard anything in some time about uconn leaving the new MAC they are calling the BE

Couldn't like this enough, 99. Exactly what I've been saying. Best case scenario, the New Big East will be the A-10 Part Dues. Eft that!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I can't see any reason on earth why the Big Ten would take Marquette as a non-football playing member. The Big Ten, and all of college sports, is about football. So why take a non-football playing member? Marquette isn't exactly Notre Dame. I bet 75% of college football fans around the country couldn't even tell you where Marquette is located.

Reaction Score
Couldn't like this enough, 99. Exactly what I've been saying. Best case scenario, the New Big East will be the A-10 Part Dues. Eft that!!!!!!!!

From what i hear, acc is hand shy of uconn and bc is a big factor

Reaction Score

(Tongue-in-cheek) Couldn't they just swap BC for us?:D
Seriously, we would make a really sweet upgrade:D

Reaction Score
The Big East is a bait fish dangling on a hook. The other conferences are fish nibbling away at us. Is there any way we can turn the tide? We have a new commish. I know college football rules the almighty dollar. Can't we find a way to bring in some bball powers from other conferences? That's our only chance.

Reaction Score
Swofford said earlier this week that the only way they add a 16th team is if ND goes FB full time. Of course he also said he wouldn't take ND part time...

Reaction Score
Swofford said earlier this week that the only way they add a 16th team is if ND goes FB full time. Of course he also said he wouldn't take ND part time...

Our best bet is to go to the Big Ten (which is the ideal outcome), along with Rutgers when they are forced to expand.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What I find so funny is that the BE was ridiculed for being split membership- some members being non-football and some playing all sports and at one time, some playing only football- now it seems its en vogue to become a conference with partial membership. Cough ACC.

It wasn't cool for the BE so we got ripped apart during expansion, but suddenly it became a new fad to have partial members. Uhhhh what??

Reaction Score
Our best bet is to go to the Big Ten (which is the ideal outcome), along with Rutgers when they are forced to expand.

The only problem huskiesnyc, is we are currently not at our most attractive. The PP era has so far yielded less than desirable results and our hall of fame bball coach just retired. Maybe these conferences are waiting to see how this sports season turns out. In retrospect, I think our best bet was a joining a year ago, after Cuse and Pitt left.

Reaction Score
The only problem huskiesnyc, is we are currently not at our most attractive. The PP era has so far yielded less than desirable results and our hall of fame bball coach just retired. Maybe these conferences are waiting to see how this sports season turns out. In retrospect, I think our best bet was a joining a year ago, after Cuse and Pitt left.

I agree with what you're saying, but something has to give at some point. This is about more than just our basketball program, but I agree the NCAA didn't do us any favors with the retro APR bulls**t/PR nightmare. We are still a top 20 national university academically with great athletics and in a big time northeast market, btw Boston and NYC. When the next conference expansion comes I expect us to get snagged up. At least I pray we do!

Reaction Score
The Big East is a bait fish dangling on a hook. The other conferences are fish nibbling away at us. Is there any way we can turn the tide? We have a new commish. I know college football rules the almighty dollar. Can't we find a way to bring in some bball powers from other conferences? That's our only chance.
that's the big East's problem, not its solution...It has and always will be a basketball first conference. and its why I would be pretty skeptical of this story...more a case of what Marquette would like, sure. So would UConn, Rutgers, and any other Big East member...

Reaction Score
that's the big East's problem, not its solution...It has and always will be a basketball first conference. and its why I would be pretty skeptical of this story...more a case of what Marquette would like, sure. So would UConn, Rutgers, and any other Big East member...

I know, free. I'm starting to hate college football. This is where the Big East Basketball Power Conference will be left a fish carcass on that hook. What does this say about college hoops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom