Marquette Post-Game Press | The Boneyard

Marquette Post-Game Press

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno:

Fascinating at the end of the presser his analysis of Azzi. She is a very special player but sometimes she get down on her self. Trying to break her of that. I never want her to feel bad about how she is playing. Wish she had a bit more of Paige in her personality. On the other hand, I wish Paige had a bit more of Azzi's

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Here Geno points out one of my complaints early on. On high screens, because UConn's screeners were rolling poorly to the hoop MU was able to hedge longer on Azzi. If UConn's forwards show Azzi their numbers and cut harder, she's going to get more assists while forcing her mark to play harder on the perimeter. That will open up Azzi's pullups as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fascinating at the end of the presser his analysis of Azzi. She is a very special player but sometimes she get down on her self. Trying to break her of that. I never want her to feel bad about how she is playing. Wish she had a bit more of Paige in her personality. On the other hand, I wish Paige had a bit more of Azzi's

This is a major reason why I wanted Azzi to play at UConn. Some of Paige will rub off on her. The sky is the limit for these two special young women.

Reaction Score
Here Geno points out one of my complaints early on. On high screens, because UConn's screeners were rolling poorly to the hoop MU was able to hedge longer on Azzi. If UConn's forwards show Azzi their numbers and cut harder, she's going to get more assists while forcing her mark to play harder on the perimeter. That will open up Azzi's pullups as well.

ONO will improve the efficiency of passing out of the high post. I'm just guessing but having ONO go down 5 min before the Vill game started meant that either Juhasz or Edwards had to do something that isn't what they do very well. In the next game they did what they are good at and looked a lot better.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did any UConn players do a TV postgame presser, e.g. Azzi and/or Dorka? Can’t find on YouTube.
I don’t see one on either the UConn channel or Marquette channel

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it was mentioned that a radio post game with Azzi. was made. Any link available?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44