OT: - Marquette fires Wojciechowski | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Marquette fires Wojciechowski

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
It is a perfect job for Beilein. Big market by college standards, great recruiting, and it is not a rebuild. Beilein is 68. He doesn't have time for a 5+ year plan. Marquette's roster is in decent shape, and Beilein could bring in some decent transfers to get them competitive immediately.
Have to give you credit Nelson. In your post about rating BE coaches you stated it was time for Wojo to go despite the fact he has a good recruiting class coming in. Apparently Marquette’s brass agrees.

They got a good team that underperformed.Look at the first rd match up between UNC vs Wisconsin-Marquette beat them both handily. In fact I think Marquette’s personnel wise matches up better against Maryland than UConn does.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not surprising. He had enough talent on that team to be better than they were.
I agree. It's just difficult to find someone and go through the rebuild with that candidate. The rebuild or revampment may not happen within the first three years of that new staff's regime. I guess I could appreciate having a name-brand like Woj there.

Reaction Score
One day after this article too:

TCF do you still have vault of old UCONN GAMES I can't remember link.
Yesterday watched 2014 First Round game against St Joe's and thought Brimah shot turn around happened with 3 seconds left. Damn Brimah balled out in that game.

Reaction Score
TCF do you still have vault of old UCONN GAMES I can't remember link.
Yesterday watched 2014 First Round game against St Joe's and thought Brimah shot turn around happened with 3 seconds left. Damn Brimah balled out in that game.
Yep!

Reaction Score
No, not allowed in the Big East. Looked it up when Wilcher announced he was leaving Xavier today
Did not see wilcher is transferring, loved his game and confidence. Surprised to see him moving on, didn’t get as many minutes as he wanted?

Reaction Score
Did not see wilcher is transferring, loved his game and confidence. Surprised to see him moving on, didn’t get as many minutes as he wanted?
Was definitely unexpected, he averaged around 10 minutes so not terribly low. My guess is this is the first of many transfers we'll see due to seniors coming back. Nate Johnson announced he's returning for a 5th year, which likely cuts into any significant increase in his role

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
The Fox crew stated he had a nice recruiting class coming in next year including a special guard and a big that would complement Garcia. Who if? Yes please.

Reaction Score
The Fox crew stated he had a nice recruiting class coming in next year including a special guard and a big that would complement Garcia. Who if? Yes please.
Stevie Mitchell is the guard, top 100 player but he's a PG so not sure he'd be a fit in the same class as Diggins. Worth noting the Kevin Freeman recruited him at Penn State, though they didn't make his top 7

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Interesting development

Wow. Would’ve thought a 3 seed would’ve gotten him a little more leeway at Texas. This is a downgrade for him.

Reaction Score
Wow. Would’ve thought a 3 seed would’ve gotten him a little more leeway at Texas. This is a downgrade for him.
Honestly i’m confused by this. Seems like his salary would cut in half from Texas to Marquette and I don’t think he has any strong ties to Marquette that would justify that, but maybe he’s on thin ice at Texas? I have no idea but it makes little sense in my head

Edit: Just saw he was born and raised in Wisconsin which i didn’t know. For some reason I thought he was a northeast guy.

Reaction Score
Rothstein was on WFAN as he was breaking the story about Shaka, had to hang up.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Honestly i’m confused by this. Seems like his salary would cut in half from Texas to Marquette and I don’t think he has any strong ties to Marquette that would justify that, but maybe he’s on thin ice at Texas? I have no idea but it makes little sense in my head

Edit: Just saw he was born and raised in Wisconsin which i didn’t know. For some reason I thought he was a northeast guy.

Ah, I didn’t know that either. Makes more sense now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom