Marquette Coach/Player Post Game Comments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Coach/Player Post Game Comments

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder why Shaka wasn't more successful at Texas, he's definitely a good coach and program builder.
He made it pretty clear that he wanted the Connecticut job when KO took over. I wonder how that would’ve worked out. Don’t get me wrong, I’m taking KO and the 2014 natty every time. After April 2014, not so much though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's 45-years-old. Probably has another 20 years in the coaching ranks. I'd be shocked if he didn't take a stab at a blue blood program (or the league) at some point. Gtcam was right... Shaka is proving he's much more than his Havoc press this time around.
He's a basketball coach coaching a basketball team at a basketball school big big difference from Texas where football rules
It's close to home (he's from Wisconsin), he's seen what it's like with a payday job where everything is overly scrutinized and expectations are usually unrealistic (Texas) and I imagine he does draw a reasonable salary.

I'd wager that he would think long and hard before moving elsewhere.
I wonder why Shaka wasn't more successful at Texas, he's definitely a good coach and program builder.
Except perhaps to Wisconsin.

That's the dilemma for coaches who love coaching basketball. The Big East is the pinnacle of coaching for coaches who want to coach at schools where basketball is king.

Any of those programs which are considered a higher visibility and a bigger name requires you to compete against football and greater expectations.

I have no idea what is going through his mind and I sure as heck am not betting a wooden nickel on his future. He's eyes wide open regarding the college basketball game right now and he has a good thing going at Marquette. And that is good for BE and good for UConn.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I like Shaka a lot. Before we got Hurley and I was sold on him I really wanted Shaka. Hope he sticks around the Big East for a while.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's the dilemma for coaches who love coaching basketball. The Big East is the pinnacle of coaching for coaches who want to coach at schools where basketball is king.

Any of those programs which are considered a higher visibility and a bigger name requires you to compete against football and greater expectations.

I have no idea what is going through his mind and I sure as heck am not betting a wooden nickel on his future. He's eyes wide open regarding the college basketball game right now and he has a good thing going at Marquette. And that is good for BE and good for UConn.
Well sort of. But at Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana and Kansas, even with P5 football, basketball is king. I don't think it's a problem at schools that have long valued basketball, like Michigan State, Purdue, UCLA and yes, Wisconsin. Even Florida, where Billy Donovan could have stayed forever if he wanted. Texas is a really unique situation because they are frankly pissed that football hasn't been able to get to the top.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Shaka is one of a handful of guys I’d like to have leading our program if Hurley wasn’t. Cuse fans are convincing themselves he’s taking over for Boeheim

Reaction Score
Officials have gotten so bad with not calling travels with shuffling feet and changing pivot feet in the post. Marquette had two last night in the first half where players in plain sight absolutely traveled under the basket to get off shots. Refs staring right at that and swallowing the whistle. Nothing you can do on defense if refs are gonna let offensive players do whatever they want with their feet in the paint.
Goes both ways. We had a few shuffles I thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom