Marquette annihilates Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette annihilates Providence

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you wrote "into March" rather than "in March" on purpose. The NCAA Tourney is in March and we all know what happens to PC in the tourney. ;)
BE Tourney is also in March and PC has been to the BE chip and won it since the realignment.

Reaction Score
3 Ls in a row for PC but none bad. they wont be in trouble unless/until they get swept by someone not named nova or creighton. that's really the benchmark for success in this league. 1 or 2 games in the standings are probably going to separate the 3rd-7th teams come march.

They are in major trouble right now. They are not close to making the tournament at the moment.

Reaction Score
They are in major trouble right now. They are not close to making the tournament at the moment.
selection sunday isnt this weekend.... theyve been missing their starting PG for the past couple of games and there are plenty of games left to be played. they can still easily finish 4th or 5th in the conference and make the tourney.

Reaction Score
I’ve got no problem with Cooley seems like a decent guy and a decent coach. Way better than boeheim.
Cooley has won 1 NCAA tournament game in 15 years as a Head Coach. That strikes me as not very impressive.

Reaction Score
While Cooley has been at PC they've made the tourney 5 out of the 8 years. That's nothing to sneeze at for a team that's not a perennial power house. They love him there too.
If winning 1 NCAA Tournament game in 15 years is all you aspire to for your program then I guess that's O.K. :confused:

Reaction Score
Duke and Reeves can't score in the paint against teams with any sort of rim protection.

Duke is shooting 47% from 3 on 5 attempts a game. And they still have 6 losses. If that regresses or he slumps at all, yikes.

They don't really do anything well on the defensive end. They're equally below average to mediocre at everything.

They don't have any bad losses, but they don't have any great wins, either. They already lost to Creighton at home. They don't get us at home at all. They're really going to need to win that Nova home game. They only have 4 more KenPom 'A' games remaining, and 3 of them are not very winnable (@Creighton, @Nova, @us with a decent shot of Bouk back).

Reaction Score
Duke and Reeves can't score in the paint against teams with any sort of rim protection.

Duke is shooting 47% from 3 on 5 attempts a game. And they still have 6 losses. If that regresses or he slumps at all, yikes.

They don't really do anything well on the defensive end. They're equally below average to mediocre at everything.

They don't have any bad losses, but they don't have any great wins, either. They already lost to Creighton at home. They don't get us at home at all. They're really going to need to win that Nova home game. They only have 4 more KenPom 'A' games remaining, and 3 of them are not very winnable (@Creighton, @Nova, @us with a decent shot of Bouk back).
Last I heard, the Big East is still planning (hoping) for all teams to play 20 conference games, meaning UConn will play at Providence. Have you heard something different?

Reaction Score
????
February 10 is UConn at PC.

Reaction Score
????
February 10 is UConn at PC.
That's not on the schedule I was looking at on the website (neither UConn nor Providence's schedules), but it is on the UConn official website. So may have been an oversight by the website.

Reaction Score
PC is the type of club that you never know what you will get on a given night.

Kind of like drinking from a random hot sauce bottle.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping the Big East's powers that be can somehow (and I won't use the word "finagle" after I found out the true meaning of it, because this can't be/isn't something dishonest, considering what we're dealing with with COVID) adjust the schedule so we play Providence on Saturday... It just makes too much sense...

Reaction Score
That's not on the schedule I was looking at on the website (neither UConn nor Providence's schedules), but it is on the UConn official website. So may have been an oversight by the website.
The "cancelled" December UConn games vs. Gtown and PC have been rescheduled into the "open" weeks in February the conference had left open in the original schedule.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping the Big East's powers that be can somehow (and I won't use the word "finagle" after I found out the true meaning of it, because this can't be/isn't something dishonest, considering what we're dealing with with COVID) adjust the schedule so we play Providence on Saturday... It just makes too much sense...
Cooley has won 1 NCAA tournament game in 15 years as a Head Coach. That strikes me as not very impressive.
Cooley is from Providence and stated on many occasions that PC is his dream job. If they fire Cooley the next coach will use PC just to get to the next job. The only guy I don't see doing that would be Pitino, who was caught saying he would love to go return to PC....... would not mind Pitino if they were to fire Cooley, but Pitino probably has like 5yrs left......so I'll stay with Cooley or maybe Shamgod who assisted under Cooley for like 5 seasons and now is working with Luka in Dallas as a assistant for the past 3 yrs.

Reaction Score

What team have you been watching, Reeves is a shooter and attack the paint with aggression and Duke will dunk in you and kill you from deep.

Reaction Score
What team have you been watching, Reeves is a shooter and attack the paint with aggression and Duke will dunk in you and kill you from deep.
Sounds good....so why the heck are they so mediocre

Reaction Score
Sounds good....so why the heck are they so mediocre
Duke is far from mediocre, have you checked his last like 9 games(probably not why would you) he has been playing ridiculously good. 28,28,18,17,24,22,13,30,17 a couple of those games were almost triple doubles while guarding the best player. He's playing damn near 39 mins a night with Bynum out. Hes skyrocketing......boards have him going anywhere between 10-28.......go check yourself and watch some highlights

Reaction Score
Lol......this is not the AAC, plenty of basketball left.
Being in the AAC might help you win a game or two to get into the tournament. Obviously beating BE, middling Big 10, and unranked SEC teams is too far fetched for PC

Reaction Score
Indiana is good, could not shoot the ball in the ocean against bama.....not sure what you saying middling BE. BE is more about matchups and coaches being familiar....... Don't forget you were down 18 to middling BE Team in Marquette and it won't surprise me if you lost in Carnasecca.....it happens to everyone in the BE including Nova and Creighton. Georgetown, Butler, St John's, DePaul will knock off SH, Nova, UConn, Creighton, Marquette and Xavier in some fashion

Reaction Score
Duke is far from mediocre, have you checked his last like 9 games(probably not why would you) he has been playing ridiculously good. 28,28,18,17,24,22,13,30,17 a couple of those games were almost triple doubles while guarding the best player. He's playing damn near 39 mins a night with Bynum out. Hes skyrocketing......boards have him going anywhere between 10-28.......go check yourself and watch some highlights
I’m not referring to Duke, I’m well aware he’s a good player. I’m referring to Providence as a team...

Reaction Score
Indiana is good, could not shoot the ball in the ocean against bama.....not sure what you saying middling BE. BE is more about matchups and coaches being familiar....... Don't forget you were down 18 to middling BE Team in Marquette and it won't surprise me if you lost in Carnasecca.....it happens to everyone in the BE including Nova and Creighton. Georgetown, Butler, St John's, DePaul will knock off SH, Nova, UConn, Creighton, Marquette and Xavier in some fashion
Try reading again. I said a middling Big 10 team, ie a 3-3 in conference Indiana team whose only conference wins are against the 12th, 13th, and 14th teams in the conference.

Reaction Score
What team have you been watching, Reeves...attack the paint with aggression and Duke will dunk in you l.
The one where Duke is shooting 34% on 2s when you take out games against FD and Butler (who have no rim protection) and Reeves is shooting 37% from 2 overall?

Reaction Score
The one where Duke is shooting 34% on 2s when you take out games against FD and Butler (who have no rim protection) and Reeves is shooting 37% from 2 overall?
Are you just looking up stats or are you actually watching the game. That 34% on 2s is decieving because Duke takes alot of pull-ups and short 2s and gets to the line alot. Reeves is a shooter and can get to the basket when under control

Reaction Score
Try reading again. I said a middling Big 10 team, ie a 3-3 in conference Indiana team whose only conference wins are against the 12th, 13th, and 14th teams in the conference.
My fault, Indiana is a tourney team right now and will get their fair share of wins in the Big 10 vs the top tier teams. I can say the same about UConn.....you only beat the bottom feeders so far and was down 18 to Marquette a middle of the pack BE that can catch fire and easily finish top 3. It's still early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom