Marky Mark making a Caron Butler movie?!?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marky Mark making a Caron Butler movie?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
What member of the Funky Bunch plays Justin Brown?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I assume very few have actually seen or read the book yet. Is Calhoun and UCONN even a significant part of the story? I mean, Caron's time at UCONN may be pretty benign relative to other parts of his life.
You call yourself a Husky fan and you ask that question? Pretty benign? Get outta here. Obviously you missed JC's Hall of Fame induction speech with the shots of Caron in the audience. Nevermind his post speech interview where he choked up and said, "I love the man." And Donny Marshall saying "You were always coach's favorite."

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Marky Mark should play Calhoun. Not kidding. It's his movie, and he's got the Boston roots thing. He'd nail it.

Reaction Score
Chapter Fourteen is titled COLLEGE: UCONN and Andrea the Love of My Life. About 20 pages.

Reaction Score
What about Bob Odendirk (Better Call Saul)? I think there's a resemblance.

This was my suggestion in the other thread about Caron's book that delved into the possible movie. Odenkirk has been a great yeller all of his professional life, and now he's suddenly bigger than ever. In all seriousness, maybe Bob can't sell the extreme anger and toughness on the kids, but if this were a comedy skit about Caron Butler at UConn, Odenkirk is without a doubt the only choice.

Reaction Score
Too bad Howie was gone by then; John C. Reilly would be perfect as Wahlberg's runnin' pardner again.

It is a good suggestion, but to prepare for the role, he needs a few months on Hilton Armstrong's rack.

rack.jpg

Reaction Score
I assume very few have actually seen or read the book yet. Is Calhoun and UCONN even a significant part of the story? I mean, Caron's time at UCONN may be pretty benign relative to other parts of his life.
It's not just his time at UConn. It's his troubled childhood before college, which is when Calhoun became a major player in his life, and gave him a chance offering him to come to UConn. JC wasn't only in the picture when Caron was at UConn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Better Call Saul dude is a very good suggestion imo.

Reaction Score
Its a shame we are probably going to lose the Maryland game (but Caron was a beast).

Reaction Score
You call yourself a Husky fan and you ask that question? Pretty benign? Get outta here. Obviously you missed JC's Hall of Fame induction speech with the shots of Caron in the audience. Nevermind his post speech interview where he choked up and said, "I love the man." And Donny Marshall saying "You were always coach's favorite."
I wasn't familiar with all of this. Thanks, and Donny was right.

Reaction Score
Jim Boeheim is the obvious choice to play Calhoun. He was great in "Blue Chips" and has the kind of fire that should translate well as the Huskies coach.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
caron wants Wallace to play him?

Where's Wallace String?!

He's off studying for his role as Caron Butler in a new autobiopic

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
caron wants Wallace to play him?

I love the wire and love Wallace, and I've heard that actors name multiple times, but never knew it was WALLACE, that's quite a different look than that scrawny teenager with braids, in his recent pics though he seems like a solid fit... The height thing is never really accurate so I wouldn't sweat that part.

I can't wait to read that book. This thread got my mind ready.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Tom Wilkinson or Brian Cox as JC.

Cox is too old to play 90s-era JC, but Wilkinson would be an inspired choice. One of the best actors going and I'm sure he could learn JC's New England speed-mumbling.

Reaction Score
My vote would be for Lenny Clarke, aka Uncle Teddy from Rescue Me. He's already got the look and the attitude to play JC, and he won't have to fake the Boston accent. Perfect age to play Caron-era JC too. On the right here:
RobDonohueLennyClark.png

Reaction Score
Another recommendation: Denis O'Hare... known as one of the best character actors in Hollywood.

MV5BMTk5ODM4NzU1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQwNzQzMg@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So according to the internet, Michael B. Jordan, Caron's pick to play himself, is 5'11". That would require some serious CGI.

Edit: Gleeson would be awesome. As Calhoun, not Caron. That would be weird.

Just camera angle. They make Tom Cruise look average and he is only 3' tall (or 6 Mau inches)

Reaction Score
Sid Caesar already played a character called Coach Calhoun masterfully years ago. If only this movie was made 18 months ago.
112-3.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Depending on how large a role Calhoun has in the movie, I wonder if they'd consider asking him to play himself. If it's only a few scenes, I'm sure he'd do great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom