Marky Mark making a Caron Butler movie?!?! | The Boneyard

Marky Mark making a Caron Butler movie?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Yessssss!!!!!! Outstanding !!!!!!!

Reaction Score
kris1 said:
Makes sense....Dennehy hails from Derby, CT.

Met Dennehy in Woodstock. He was alright. A bit too rotund to play JC.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't Gene Hackman already do essentially that (i.e., play a Calhoun-type coach) in Hoosiers?

Reaction Score
Dennehy has already played Bobby Knight so it wouldn't work, Hackman has already coached Hickory High so that doesn't work, Michael Gambon could be good but he looks even older than Dennehy, Liam Neeson is a big Irish fellow who has already shown he can kick arse. I say we go with Neeson and if there is ever a Boeheim movie Bernie Sanders needs to play him and vice versa.

Reaction Score
Gene Hackman
Brilliant actor. Have loved him in virtually everything he has done. Particularly loved him as Little Bill in Unforgiven. "They didn't call him two gun because he carried two guns. They called him two gun because his _______ was as big as that Colt Walker he carried, and the only offendin' he did was sticking that thing in a woman English Bob was sweet on."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Dennehy has already played Bobby Knight so it wouldn't work, Hackman has already coached Hickory High so that doesn't work, Michael Gambon could be good but he looks even older than Dennehy, Liam Neeson is a big Irish fellow who has already shown he can kick arse. I say we go with Neeson and if there is ever a Boeheim movie Bernie Sanders needs to play him and vice versa.

And Jared Fogle can play Bernie Fine.

Reaction Score
I like Neeson but he's a bit to schticky now with his recent roles. Maybe Brendan Gleeson or maybe Liam Cunningham..

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So according to the internet, Michael B. Jordan, Caron's pick to play himself, is 5'11". That would require some serious CGI.

Edit: Gleeson would be awesome. As Calhoun, not Caron. That would be weird.

Reaction Score
The book is already out. I got my copy from Amazon and it's my next book to read. I skimmed it and can't wait to start.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Brilliant actor. Have loved him in virtually everything he has done. Particularly loved him as Little Bill in Unforgiven. "They didn't call him two gun because he carried two guns. They called him two gun because his _______ was as big as that Colt Walker he carried, and the only offendin' he did was sticking that thing in a woman English Bob was sweet on."
Agreed. I can't think of a role where he didn't do a brilliant acting job. I always love his lawyer characters (good and bad), like Runaway Jury, The Firm and Class Action.

A really underrated movie of his imo is Power, where he and Richard Gere play competing political consultants running state and federal campaigns against each other. Much more to that movie than it got credit for.

Reaction Score
I like Neeson but he's a bit to schticky now with his recent roles. Maybe Brendan Gleeson or maybe Liam Cunningham..
I thought of Gleeson but he seems too rotund/barrel chested, Colm Meaney, Ray Stevenson, Ray Winstone. Basically I'm just thinking of Irish and British actors who can play a tough guy. You would be playing the best so why not just go with the best actor and get Daniel Day-Lewis, give him some makeup and a couple months of chilling with Calhoun and he would nail Jim's mumbled Boston accent and mannerisms.

Reaction Score
They are too old now, but Harrison Ford or Michael Caine would've worked pretty well I think.

My choice:
alecbadlwin.jpg

hc-sweet-16-uconn-at-msg-pg-20140326-003

Reaction Score
I assume very few have actually seen or read the book yet. Is Calhoun and UCONN even a significant part of the story? I mean, Caron's time at UCONN may be pretty benign relative to other parts of his life.

Reaction Score
I assume very few have actually seen or read the book yet. Is Calhoun and UCONN even a significant part of the story? I mean, Caron's time at UCONN may be pretty benign relative to other parts of his life.

I'm pretty sure that Calhoun will play a major role in the book. This is a portion of the book's review on Amazon:

Tuff Juice shares Caron Butler’s extraordinary journey from his delinquent youth in the streets of Racine to his role as an accomplished pro basketball player, dedicated husband and father, active philanthropist and burgeoning businessman. Along the way, the book explores the incredible impact his single mother’s unconditional love and his college coach’s unwavering support had on him, and what drives him to be so successful in basketball and in life.

As for someone to play Jim Calhoun, I'd like to see... Jim Calhoun. He looks younger than he did the day he left coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom