Mark The Calendar | The Boneyard

Mark The Calendar

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
February 18, 2020. A day which will live in Boneyard infamy.

Why?

We are more than 3/4 way through season and the board is in complete unanimity on the team, the coaching and the oath forward.

To wit:
1. Bouk is turning in to Alpha many thought he could be by season's end.
2. Gilbert coming off the bench has been better for the team.
3. (Edit) Gaffney while not wowing with individual numbers, has shown he can handle the starting PG minutes.
4. Whaley has been the key energy guy in the frontcourt.
5. Carlton remains an enigma and, much like gas station sushi, results are guaranteed.
6. With Akok down for the year, Sid has minutes to earn. Otherwise it's Adams' time.
7. CV continues to tantalize and antagonize with his decisions but his heart and toughness is never in question.
8. Hurley has molded this team in his image.
9. Going forward, strong finish means NIT.
10. Winning AAC is still only probable way to NCAA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
February 18, 2020. A day which will live in Boneyard infamy.

Why?

We are more than 3/4 way through season and the board is in complete unanimity on the team, the coaching and the oath forward.

To wit:
1. Bouk is turning in to Alpha many thought he could be by season's end.
3. Gilbert, while not wowing with individual numbers, has shown he can handle the starting PG minutes.
4. Whaley has been the key energy guy in the frontcourt.
5. Carlton remains an enigma and, much like gas station sushi, results are guaranteed.
6. With Akok down for the year, Sid has minutes to earn. Otherwise it's Adams' time.
7. CV continues to tantalize and antagonize with his decisions but his heart and toughness is never in question.
8. Hurley has molded this team in his image.
9. Going forward, strong finish means NIT.

Don't worry, one loss and we'll question everything again

Reaction Score
3. Gilbert, while not wowing with individual numbers, has shown he can handle the starting PG minutes.
You're not even in unanimity with yourself, yet you presume the board is? Infamy?

Reaction Score

1582088394565.gif

Reaction Score
While we kind of reflexively think that the NIT would be a nice consolation prize for a trying season, I wonder. The kids, short-handed, will be physically tired, especially if they make a run in the AACT. They will be more susceptible to injury. With Akok out, the guys who will really benefit from the added competition are down to Gaffney and ????. The NIT itself is a completely private affair, noticed only by the fans of the participating teams. The NIT winner earns only a place in oblivion.

This team has proved its spurs. Personally, I'd like to see them salvage a winning season and take a long rest.

Reaction Score
While we kind of reflexively think that the NIT would be a nice consolation prize for a trying season, I wonder. The kids, short-handed, will be physically tired, especially if they make a run in the AACT. They will be more susceptible to injury. With Akok out, the guys who will really benefit from the added competition are down to Gaffney and ????. The NIT itself is a completely private affair, noticed only by the fans of the participating teams. The NIT winner earns only a place in oblivion.

This team has proved its spurs. Personally, I'd like to see them salvage a winning season and take a long rest.

The fatigue-injury thing may or may not be a legitimate concern but it would be nice for Vital to have a chance at post-season play. It would also be a useful introduction to tournament basketball for the young guys.

Reaction Score
Whaley and Adams have been very good. Both play with great energy and are team guys.
They have in their own ways saved us many times this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CV continues to tantalize and antagonize with his decisions but his heart and toughness is never in question.

This young man is leading candidate for AAC POY and this is all everyone thinks of him? If Bouk is Alpha where does CV hide his superman shirt?

Reaction Score
CV continues to tantalize and antagonize with his decisions but his heart and toughness is never in question.

This young man is leading candidate for AAC POY and this is all everyone thinks of him? If Bouk is Alpha where does CV hide his superman shirt?

All right, there's your disagreement.

Some people think Vital is a legitimate AAC POY candidate and by far our best player.

Others think he's your typical "good player for a bad team" (e.g. 2007 Jerome Dyson) who hurts the team as much as he helps during winning time.

Reaction Score

More UConn BB> Less UConn BB

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Some people think Vital is a legitimate AAC POY candidate and by far our best player.

Others think he's your typical "good player for a bad team" (e.g. 2007 Jerome Dyson) who hurts the team as much as he helps during winning time.
Hard to shake that reputation but his contribution on Sunday to the win was vital.

Reaction Score
KenPom currently has Vital 2nd, but that award almost always goes to a top player on a team that finishes in the top 2-3 in the conference. #1-#3 on KenPom's listing won't be on a team in the top 3, so this years voting could be very interesting.

Reaction Score

I think while there is validity to your argument I could not disagree more. This team absolutely should participate if invited. Good experience at a minimum. They have 6-7 months of not playing games ahead of them no matter what.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
While we kind of reflexively think that the NIT would be a nice consolation prize for a trying season, I wonder. The kids, short-handed, will be physically tired, especially if they make a run in the AACT.
Five games in five days? Impossible, let's quit now!

Reaction Score
My Take??? Glad you asked. I thought they would win 18 or 19 games this year. For a while that looked to be out of sight. The recent surge has me(and many more)looking forward to games again. Couple straight sellouts as well. THIS IS U CONN BASKETBALL!! Be nice to make the post season(NCAA or NIT, not CBI or whatever). We'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Don't lump us all in with your everyone assumptions

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I put down Vital continues to "tantalize and antagonize" as a way of saying some think he's really good and some think he's a bench player forced in to the lineup due to overall lack of talent. Then two posters say I'm underselling him and possibly overselling his worth.

Hence I'm right. The whole board has settled in to a position on Vital and no one is still waiting to be persuaded about his worth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom