Mark Lewis on Mid Season Transfers | The Boneyard

Mark Lewis on Mid Season Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Thanks for sharing this link. I could not agree more with Mark Lewis. Everything he said was spot on correct. I am cool with a player wanting to transfer (in their first year) because of wanting to be closer to family members due to medical reasons, you know the hardship cases. But when you want to transfer 6 months in because you do not like the coach, or your playing time is limited, or you do not like your role on the team, well you should have researched the program better. This is why I am okay with players taking their time going through the process of picking a school.

Players and parents have to do their research on a program. Just because you like our program (UConn) or some other school that has won championships or have winning records, or have a really cool coach, you may not fit with that program, especially when you are a "star" on your high school team and you have to take a reduced role at the college level. These are the things that should be discussed before making that decision to join a program.

Again, thanks for the link an awesome comments by Mark Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom