Marisa's Terriers | The Boneyard

Marisa's Terriers

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Women's Basketball Entertains Lafayette Wednesday on NESN - Boston University Athletics

If you go to their web site you will see Marisha in a huddle using a board that is the same custom one used by Geno (in BU dress however). Better yet it's the lead photo on this "Catching Up" Article

1551307081244.png

Former UConn assistant Marisa Moseley off to a winning start at Boston University

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The great blizzard of '19 killed my DTV 20 minutes before game time! :mad:

Reaction Score
3rd? That seems really good for a first year coaching staff....go Marisa!
Especially since they were picked to finish next to last in polls by both the media and coaches.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Last year they were 10-19! This year they are 14-12 with two games left in their regular season against teams they have already beaten. One win and they finish above .500 for the first time in 5 years.

Another Berube in Geno's otherwise sparse coaching tree?

Reaction Score
Women's Basketball Entertains Lafayette Wednesday on NESN - Boston University Athletics

If you go to their web site you will see Marisha in a huddle using a board that is the same custom one used by Geno (in BU dress however). Better yet it's the lead photo on this "Catching Up" Article

View attachment 40248

Former UConn assistant Marisa Moseley off to a winning start at Boston University

Some where recently I read a comment about Holly not making the NCAA and the probability of her being replacedwith some conjecture about a replacement. I think the author was snowbound.
If they are looking for a top level recruiter with good coaching experience it is Marisa. She is smart enough to get some commitments from any school she may move to, I'm sure she got that too from Geno. Personally, I'd prefer to see Marisa back in Uconn than anywhere else. Boston got the gold ring when they hired Marisa.

Reaction Score
The great blizzard of '19 killed my DTV 20 minutes before game time! :mad:
Among other reasons SNOW was a reason I departed Conn forever. Snow, snow, snow and finally no where for my plow to push. In the second winter in VA, along comes a 24 inch snow storm--but I had room to push it, and it melted in 3 days.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some where recently I read a comment about Holly not making the NCAA and the probability of her being replacedwith some conjecture about a replacement. I think the author was snowbound.
If they are looking for a top level recruiter with good coaching experience it is Marisa. She is smart enough to get some commitments from any school she may move to, I'm sure she got that too from Geno. Personally, I'd prefer to see Marisa back in Uconn than anywhere else. Boston got the gold ring when they hired Marisa.

Marisa is in her dream job now (her almer mata) and I am sure she would not even think of leaving until she has built BU into a conference power (and more?).

Also, why this urge by some to push our coaches to the TN job. Let them deal with that dumpster fire below the Mason Dixon line.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Among other reasons SNOW was a reason I departed Conn forever. Snow, snow, snow and finally no where for my plow to push. In the second winter in VA, along comes a 24 inch snow storm--but I had room to push it, and it melted in 3 days.

WIMP! :) The heaviest snowfall during February in Connecticut was 17" in Norfolk. My kid in Eau Claire WI got plastered with 54" of the stuff! Her sister only had to deal with 25" at her home in Syracuse, but that's on top of the 35" they received in January.

Sorry RmtB about losing your satellite service. Our service got taken down by ice storms here in Ann Arbor MI.

Reaction Score
Marisa is in her dream job now (her almer mata) and I am sure she would not even think of leaving until she has built BU into a conference power (and more?).

Also, why this urge by some to push our coaches to the TN job. Let them deal with that dumpster fire below the Mason Dixon line.
That's one way to see it. It could be (like you speculation) her next dream job would be a high visibility Coaching job and to return the once top WCBB team back to it's potential.

Reaction Score
WIMP! :) The heaviest snowfall during February in Connecticut was 17" in Norfolk. My kid in Eau Claire WI got plastered with 54" of the stuff! Her sister only had to deal with 25" at her home in Syracuse, but that's on top of the 35" they received in January.

Sorry RmtB about losing your satellite service. Our service got taken down by ice storms here in Ann Arbor MI.

Tell your kid in Eau Claire to say hello to the Pickers for us.

Calumet Mich regularly gets 22 ft per year. In San Boniface, PQ, Ca my cousin has had to crawl out a 2nd floor window to dig a tunnel to the road. It is all about what you want out of life. When I was a kid in Ct I loved the snow, even towed a sleigh round the Tolland neighborhood for kids to ride in, Loved ice skating at Uconn, the Middle and lower ponds (now a housing development) in Terryville, I could handle the minus 10 ice skating--now below 40, I'm freezing.
I loved cold winter. AS A KID. That was many many decades ago.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
Tell your kid in Eau Claire to say hello to the Pickers for us.

Calumet Mich regularly gets 22 ft per year. In San Boniface, PQ, Ca my cousin has had to crawl out a 2nd floor window to dig a tunnel to the road. It is all about what you want out of life. When I was a kid in Ct I loved the snow, even towed a sleigh round the Tolland neighborhood for kids to ride in, Loved ice skating at Uconn, the Middle and lower ponds (now a housing development) in Terryville, I could handle the minus 10 ice skating--now below 40, I'm freezing.
I loved cold winter. AS A KID. That was many many decades ago.

Me, too. (said he in a non-political tone!) We had a small hill in my backyard in West Hartford that abutted undeveloped woods behind our house. My brothers and I cleared some paths in the woods for our sleds. It was really great when we had a good ice storm with enough ice on top of the snow that it could support the weight of the sled and the passenger without breaking through. Really good long rides, then.

The UP in MI is getting hammered this winter, just like northern MN and WI.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
That's one way to see it. It could be (like you speculation) her next dream job would be a high visibility Coaching job and to return the once top WCBB team back to it's potential.

What's interesting is that when LV posters on VN have talked about potential replacements for Holly from the ranks of assistant coaches, they only ever mentioned Shea, never any other of UConn's assistants. I wonder if that's due to lack of exposure or awareness, or because Shea hails from the south.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

We've been in sunny Cal.
Tahoe to be precise...and it seemed like it snowed 3 or 4 feet, twice a week...I don't know how many times we had to dig the car out.
Now in Colorado and its following us

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Seen any sun spots lately? Ran into our plowman today and he said the Belgrade and Bozeman 9 and 18 miles to our east are saying this current storm is the 4th worst in our weather recorded history. I hope we don't end up with a min-ice age like the crazy weather in the early 19th century ....this is for @BroadwayVa -my driveway with pups 2 hours ago.The plow drifts are about 4 1/2 high. My end of drive pile I am selling this afternoon: 3 B/R 2 B Igloo with great sun deck. But I'm afraid there will be too many for sale right now. Maybe I'll wait 'til July.

Friday Snow 3 1 19.jpg

My plowing bill I do not want to think about.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Well the dogs look like they're loving it. What breed?

Reaction Score
BWAHAHAHA at Marisa getting hired for another job already.

And once again, WCBB is SO easy to coach at an elite level, that one can hire almost anyone with limited experience and get success.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

High 5 eebmg!! I completely agree with your observation. How welcome do you think any coach from Geno's coaching tree be welcome in old rocky top? :eek:

Marisa just got there. No doubt she has a long term plan she wants to work. You're right, she's comfortable at home, her Alma Mater. She passed up lots of offers to go elsewhere in the past. She's exactly where she wants to be.

She was a very good recruiter during her time at UConn, and was very instrumental in bringing in many top rated players, some of whom became All-Americans. She can recruit. She's very personable, she's still young enough to identify with 18-22 year olds, and she has name recognition. She'll get most of the players she wants. Give her 2 more years to get HER players in there and watch what happens. I predict that BU will not have a losing year on her watch.

What They Are Saying About Coach Moseley -

"This is a great day for BU women's basketball. BU is getting an amazing person who has the ability to transform the women's program and create excitement that the players, the University and the fans can rally around. Marisa possesses the same qualities that every successful coach has: passion, energy, compassion, discipline and the ability to communicate effectively to her players. We are going to miss Marisa. She has made a lasting impact on our program and in the hearts of our coaches and players. I will miss her personally as a coach and more as a friend. Congrats to Marisa and BU." - Geno Auriemma.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"How welcome do you think any coach from Geno's coaching tree be welcome in old rocky top? :eek:"

Both Ralph and CD have been frequently mentioned on the orange forum as suitable candidates. A couple of orange posters even mentioned Geno but they were quickly shut down. :)

Reaction Score
"How welcome do you think any coach from Geno's coaching tree be welcome in old rocky top? :eek:"

Both Ralph and CD have been frequently mentioned on the orange forum as suitable candidates. A couple of orange posters even mentioned Geno but they were quickly shut down. :)

"suitable"? Pulleeeze!! I doubt any self-respecting protege of Coach Geno or former UConn player would set foot in Tennessee. They're better than that.

Reaction Score
High 5 eebmg!! I completely agree with your observation. How welcome do you think any coach from Geno's coaching tree be welcome in old rocky top? :eek:

Marisa just got there. No doubt she has a long term plan she wants to work. You're right, she's comfortable at home, her Alma Mater. She passed up lots of offers to go elsewhere in the past. She's exactly where she wants to be.

She was a very good recruiter during her time at UConn, and was very instrumental in bringing in many top rated players, some of whom became All-Americans. She can recruit. She's very personable, she's still young enough to identify with 18-22 year olds, and she has name recognition. She'll get most of the players she wants. Give her 2 more years to get HER players in there and watch what happens. I predict that BU will not have a losing year on her watch.

What They Are Saying About Coach Moseley -

"This is a great day for BU women's basketball. BU is getting an amazing person who has the ability to transform the women's program and create excitement that the players, the University and the fans can rally around. Marisa possesses the same qualities that every successful coach has: passion, energy, compassion, discipline and the ability to communicate effectively to her players. We are going to miss Marisa. She has made a lasting impact on our program and in the hearts of our coaches and players. I will miss her personally as a coach and more as a friend. Congrats to Marisa and BU." - Geno Auriemma.
Good point regarding recruiting. I am not knowledgeable enough to provide any facts, but the topic of how Geno uses his assistants for recruiting would be a good one. My impression is that assistants get too little glory for great recruiting years and not enough blame for bad years.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Coach Moseley for achieving a winning season in her first year as head coach. This is BU's first winning season in six years.

Clearly, a worthy student of Coach Geno and a head coach destined for great things!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom