Marinate found out about Pitt Cuse..... | The Boneyard

Marinate found out about Pitt Cuse.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While sitting in the press box for the Maryland-WVU game.
Holy shnikeys, not even a heads up before PittCuse hit "send" on their application.

Another question, how influential was Pitt in the BE not signing the ESPN deal that was on the table,

Reaction Score
Appropriate typo. No worries. Pendergast meets with marinate next week so I'm sure marinate will be up to speed when UConn starts wondering what to do. .
Stupid auto correct. Marinatto, not marinate.

Reaction Score
Marinate is a good name for our conference leader. He has sat around marinating while all this goes on.

Reaction Score
The thing about Marinatto, or however it's spelled (I know it ain't marinate), is that there never has been much he could do, but he just doesn't have the "look" of a major league executive. Just doesn't. I mean, I really doubt this guy ever gets to head UTC or Haliburton. And like it or not, unless you've got the mind of a Bill Gates, the "look" is part of the job. It's in the job description that you gotta have the "look." You can't have a meatball hanging out of your mouth, and you can't have sauce on your tie. Now, understand, this has nothing to do with our present circumstance, because ultimately, I don't think Swofford, as BE commish, could have made any difference. But, maybe, just maybe, if you don't understand that you have to have the "look" as part of the job, there may be other things you also don't get. Not sure of that, however. LOL.

Reaction Score
The fact they didn't pick up the phone, even if only a second before they applied officially, should tell people everything they need to know about how most FB AD/Prez feel about Mrinatto

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The fact they didn't pick up the phone, even if only a second before they applied officially, should tell people everything they need to know about how most FB AD/Prez feel about Mrinatto
Do you believe that anyone in the BE who wasn't associated with a catholic school agreed with Marinatto that Beebe's (temporary) salvation of the B-12 last summer deserved roses?

Reaction Score
Mandell tweeted it but who knows if he's being "funny" or not.

Reaction Score
While sitting in the press box for the Maryland-WVU game.
Holy shnikeys, not even a heads up before PittCuse hit "send" on their application.

Another question, how influential was Pitt in the BE not signing the ESPN deal that was on the table,

I doubt that.

First off, NY times printed this story electronically YESTERDAY. It's been out for more than a day.

Reaction Score
I doubt that.

First off, NY times printed this story electronically YESTERDAY. It's been out for more than a day.
I thought the Times printed that they were speaking to the ACC YESTERDAY. We all knew that last night. Marinatto found out about the applications actually being filed while in the press box TODAY (according to Weiss and Mandel).

Reaction Score
Spot on. It reeks of having no respect/confidence of their "commissioner." Pitt and SU see if for what it is. As long as they are tied to the BBall schools, with other conference members not comfortable with this arrangement, they are at risk of being on the outside looking in. You had RU last year/two years ago, and WVU this year campaigning for inclusion into other conferences. If your Pitt, SU or US, why sit around waiting for others to leave first?

Reaction Score
This f'in sucks. It baffles me that such a successful basketball program (ya, i know it's not football) can be in such a desperate situation. What another poster said, I'm ready to get on my knees and beg

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Kansas is in the same boat as us. The only good thing to come of all of this is the new name Marinate, I love it!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My nickname for him replaces the letter T in his last name with the letter S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom