Mariano Rivera and Cd | The Boneyard

Mariano Rivera and Cd

Reaction Score
Mariano is the best closer who always wanted the ball. CD, maybe, just maybe, could be the fearless closer that our team is looking for. please do not throw me under the bus because it was just one time.
who else do you want to take the last shot?
At the end of the game, Metallica’s “enter Sandman” should be played

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think a few games where Azzi show's she can get to the basket and draw fouls and she can be just as trusted. Draw the foul and make your FT's. I got to admit, no one else can be trusted just based on FT shooting alone.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
We will surely have a trio of closers. Wouldn't want to be an opposing coach.

Reaction Score
Mariano is the best closer who always wanted the ball. CD, maybe, just maybe, could be the fearless closer that our team is looking for. please do not throw me under the bus because it was just one time.
When I see Caroline’s relaxed focus, at a tense moment, I think of Bill Mueller

Reaction Score
We will surely have a trio of closers. Wouldn't want to be an opposing coach.

They open pretty good too. Soon UConn will be able to keep 2-3 deadly outside shooters on the court for the whole game. Geno once commented that having 2 like that on opposite sides of the court gives zone defenses fits.
4 weeks ago UConn fans reminded me of WWII Londoners, huddled in the tubes during a bombing attack singing "wait till the sun shines Nellie". I can definitely see that the Eastern horizon is getting a lot brighter.

Reaction Score
Madness Americanhousewifeabc GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Paige's nickname of the "Silent Assassin" is an apt description. Didn't expect her to get the ball.

She got the job done!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Man we are really reaching for the comparisons here.
Yeah, I don't get it. But then, as Eric Cornell* said, "If I see less far than others it is because giants stand on my shoulders." ;)

*Nobel Prize in physics, 2001

Reaction Score
Mariano was the greatest closer ever but having had a chance to meet him and seeing him go way out of his way to perform an act of kindness with the most precious of commodities, his time, a much, much better person than a pitcher.

Reaction Score
Lots of comparisons going on. Now. My turn. Joe Montana, nicknamed Joe Cool.

Reaction Score
I also think she is great so far, but IMHO people need to pump the brakes on this stuff. I just saw one of the media on Twitter comparing her to Paige Bueckers. Just going to put undue pressure on the kid

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think a few games where Azzi show's she can get to the basket and draw fouls and she can be just as trusted. Draw the foul and make your FT's. I got to admit, no one else can be trusted just based on FT shooting alone.
Caroline is shooting FTs at 83%. Not that bad really.

Reaction Score
Mariano was the greatest closer ever but having had a chance to meet him and seeing him go way out of his way to perform an act of kindness with the most precious of commodities, his time, a much, much better person than a pitcher.
And he plays guitar

Reaction Score
Babe Ruth has a candy bar named after him. The other guy probably has a dive bar in Cleveland.
Not to be that guy, but it's an urban legend that Baby Ruth is named after Babe Ruth. It's actually named after President Grover Cleveland's daughter who died of diphtheria in 1904. Babe Ruth later tried to create his own candy bar, but lost a lawsuit due to Baby Ruth already have brand recognition. The guy couldn't even use his own name. NIL be damned. And now you have.....the rest of the story.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

As a lifelong Red Sox fan, I'll say Mo is one of the most wonderful people to don a uniform in any sport. I hated seeing him on the mound, love him otherwise.

Reaction Score
Not to be that guy, but it's an urban legend that Baby Ruth is named after Babe Ruth. It's actually named after President Grover Cleveland's daughter who died of diphtheria in 1904. Babe Ruth later tried to create his own candy bar, but lost a lawsuit due to Baby Ruth already have brand recognition. The guy couldn't even use his own name. NIL be damned. And now you have.....the rest of the story.
thank you for the Paul Harvey tagline..then. there is the Reggie Bar...lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom