Marcus Easley and Nick Williams | The Boneyard

Marcus Easley and Nick Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pardon if this is redundant, but i hadn't seen it mentioned.

So we know Easley has been returning kicks for Buffalo, but did anyone notice he had his first 2 catches against Pittsburgh in week 10. 2 catches for 13 yards. I dug a little further and realized he has become something of the Bills special teams Maven. He has 17 special teams tackles!! That seems like a significant number in only 11 games.

Also about Nick Williams, I know people mentioned he got signed from the practice squad by the redskins, but did anyone mention he had a punt return for nada, a catch for 5 yards and recovered a fumble?

I'm a bit confused about this fumble, though. I'm not sure if he recovered someone else's fumble, his own fumble or muffed a punt and fell on it. Anyone know?

Reaction Score
I think Easley is the gunner for the bills punt squad, so therefore with their offense he gets a few more chances as the first player on the scene for the tackle, although I do think he must be doing a good job there. He has had a drop or two from what I hear from my brother who is a bills fan. I think Easley has hidden talent but just hasn't gotten a chance to break through yet but with that said he is behind a bunch of receivers in Buffalo and mainly has been getting work due to injuries of some of the 1st stringers. Nick Williams is well Nick Williams. I am biased and believe he can make a very impact for a team that can get him in space. But poor-man's Wes Welkers don't make it in this league. You have to capitalize on every chance you get in space and really rack up the YAC, otherwise you are just a smaller target to look for and complete a pass to in dire situations. I thought he should have been returning punts from the beginning of the year however. Don't know about the fumble situation but if he recovered his own fumble I don't know if he gets a FR. I think he only gets a Fumble (not lost), I may be wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Pardon if this is redundant, but i hadn't seen it mentioned.

So we know Easley has been returning kicks for Buffalo, but did anyone notice he had his first 2 catches against Pittsburgh in week 10. 2 catches for 13 yards. I dug a little further and realized he has become something of the Bills special teams Maven. He has 17 special teams tackles!! That seems like a significant number in only 11 games.

Also about Nick Williams, I know people mentioned he got signed from the practice squad by the redskins, but did anyone mention he had a punt return for nada, a catch for 5 yards and recovered a fumble?

I'm a bit confused about this fumble, though. I'm not sure if he recovered someone else's fumble, his own fumble or muffed a punt and fell on it. Anyone know?

There are a few threads back farther...

He also caught a 2pt conversion from RGIII.

Reaction Score
Don't know about the fumble situation but if he recovered his own fumble I don't know if he gets a FR. I think he only gets a Fumble (not lost), I may be wrong with that.

the box score showed a FR, while his stats showed a fumble. it seemed a little wonky.

Reaction Score
I watched the Redskins game. Nick fair-caught a punt right on the sideline, fumbled it as he and the ball went out-of-bounds ending the play.

Reaction Score
Nick had the 2 pt conversion, but shades need to be very National Flag Blue to suggest his punt return decisions were anything but very shaky. Put it down to being a newbie, and hope for better days. Good for Nick earning the opportunity!

Reaction Score
Easily is a good run blocker as a wr. He seems to do the unappreciated stuff well, and it seems to be kkeeping him in the leauge.

Reaction Score
Nick Williams will be a very good punt returner. He had a shaky first game but look for a stellar effort Monday night. He will be a big piece of the Redskins offense. He can be every bit as good as Wes Welker.

Reaction Score
Nick Williams will be a very good punt returner. He had a shaky first game but look for a stellar effort Monday night. He will be a big piece of the Redskins offense. He can be every bit as good as Wes Welker.

Huh?

Reaction Score
Sounds like Marcus Easley = Reyna Thompson

The first player I thought of was Kasim Osgood of the 49ers. He has made a living as a special teams demon (notwithstanding his bonehead play v. the Saints this past week). 11th year in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom