Marching forward to March | The Boneyard

Marching forward to March

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
After last nite I am so-ooo excited I cant wait to see us Monday nite. Im focused on assists, sharing the ball and movement. We are quick and they are big. IMO that means we could get them in foul trouble. Liv more then ever needs to stay out of foul trouble. Her fouls in the last two games are pretty much offensive fouls That can be contained. Liv stays out of foul trouble and everybody else plays their game and we win and win big.

We have come a long way over the past 5 weeks. We've had our ups and downs and thats what happens when your learning and make adjustments to your games. Rght now we are in a very good place. We are poised to continue improving on where we are and what we've built. The good thing we are peeking at the right time, when LVille and Stanford have lost. I dont think we can loose Monday nite if we executed like last nite.

A couple of things I picked up last nite. We shared the ball, which shows me we have trust in each other. Anna what can you say. She reminded me of how Diana took over a very young team and built their belief. They trusted Diana and they won a NC. Anna's passing and the way she carried herself reminds me of what Diana did. Anna was a leader last nite taking charge of the team and think of herself second. She gleamed confidence, leadership and pretty much took control of the team and the game and her team mates fed off her. No she didnt score alot and she didnt have to. She was respondsible for 11 baskets on assists and made everybody else better.

There were alot of smiles in the stands and alot of smiles on the bench. This morning I read alot of positive posts asAnna did her thing and what she did was create confidence and trust in her team mates. A star was born last nite. I think we are all thinking FF now. We're Back.

Reaction Score
I’m happy for the win. But we’ve seen this team look great against the lower echelon teams only to be bright back down to earth against the better teams. I’m hopeful for Monday but history this year has shown us that we may not bring enough for a win. We shall see

That said, I’m excited to see the rest of the season play out and in the tournament as I think Geno is now turning to Aubrey and Ana and either we will sink or swim with them.

Reaction Score
this team wont go far in the tournament, the important thing will be the development of Makurat and Griffin to mesh in with the players coming in next year. will be exciting

Reaction Score
After last nite I am so-ooo excited I cant wait to see us Monday nite. Im focused on assists, sharing the ball and movement. We are quick and they are big. IMO that means we could get them in foul trouble. Liv more then ever needs to stay out of foul trouble. Her fouls in the last two games are pretty much offensive fouls That can be contained. Liv stays out of foul trouble and everybody else plays their game and we win and win big.

We have come a long way over the past 5 weeks. We've had our ups and downs and thats what happens when your learning and make adjustments to your games. Rght now we are in a very good place. We are poised to continue improving on where we are and what we've built. The good thing we are peeking at the right time, when LVille and Stanford have lost. I dont think we can loose Monday nite if we executed like last nite.

A couple of things I picked up last nite. We shared the ball, which shows me we have trust in each other. Anna what can you say. She reminded me of how Diana took over a very young team and built their belief. They trusted Diana and they won a NC. Anna's passing and the way she carried herself reminds me of what Diana did. Anna was a leader last nite taking charge of the team and think of herself second. She gleamed confidence, leadership and pretty much took control of the team and the game and her team mates fed off her. No she didnt score alot and she didnt have to. She was respondsible for 11 baskets on assists and made everybody else better.

There were alot of smiles in the stands and alot of smiles on the bench. This morning I read alot of positive posts asAnna did her thing and what she did was create confidence and trust in her team mates. A star was born last nite. I think we are all thinking FF now. We're Back.

And then you woke up.

UConn will be lucky to lose within single digits.

Reaction Score
Right now the person with the best skills to translate to the next level is Anna. She see's the floor and handles well enough to make plays. She instinctively sees a play before it happens. Her defense will get better, but she will be very good in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Right now the person with the best skills to translate to the next level is Anna. She see's the floor and handles well enough to make plays. She instinctively sees a play before it happens. Her defense will get better, but she will be very good in the WNBA.
She also needs to work on conditioning and redefine her body. But this takes time

Reaction Score
I agree but I think that you are counting your chickens before they hatch. Monday will reveal a lot about this team and it's status.
I agree wholeheartedly VOD. I think we were much more focused with Baylor and got caught in the headlights with Oregon. Win or lose I believe we will be focused and for the first time this season can really get a handle on just who we are.

Reaction Score
I agree wholeheartedly VOD. I think we were much more focused with Baylor and got caught in the headlights with Oregon. Win or lose I believe we will be focused and for the first time this season can really get a handle on just who we are.
Interesting that you say that. I just listened to an interview with Geno and made some interesting points which changed his tactics for the Memphis game that may have far reaching effects going forward even into next year when Evina takes the floor. Anna has been placed as the true point guard of the team freeing up Crystal and Megan to score. He said that she has experience and court vision that allows her to pass to those that are open to score. We began to see a little of this in the Memphis game. She just has earned her starting position and perhaps that of the future. As you say, win or lose the team may be really finding its own identity.

Reaction Score
We certainly have some advantages over South Carolina. Liv and Aubrey can run the floor better than Boston. We are quicker and need to keep the pace of the up. I think the new rotation of Aubrey and Molly will help our defense and transition offense. They both can be used to slow Harris. We have to double Boston down low. Aubrey can help with that as well. She can guard anyone on the floor. I hope we keep up the beautiful passing and sharing of the ball. If we can hit our shots this could be a game. Let's go Huskies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While Anna’s emergence as a playmaker is wonderful, this team will go as far as Liv takes it. Against Memphis, Liv rebounded, ran the floor, passed the ball, defended and showed an array of low post moves, including a baby hook, that continue to demonstrate her tremendous development as a player throughout this season.

Thinking back to the Baylor game, Liv was a no-show. The first time round against the physical BIGs at Memphis, Liv got into foul trouble and the team struggled. A week ago, Liv battled well against Oregon hitting 4/5 shots while leading the team with 6 assists. Against Memphis on Friday we saw the complete package.

I am really excited to see the matchup between Liv and Boston tomorrow. If she stays out of foul trouble, I think Liv will more than hold her own, and that will give UConn a chance to pull off the upset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom