Manuel waves the white flag | The Boneyard

Manuel waves the white flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A little late to start the PR campaign...

Reaction Score
You know, he just comes across as a clueless guy who likes to eat donuts. Almost like he's our own Homer Simpson. Seems like a nice fellow, but not the guy you want leading our sports right now.
Unfortunately this is also an indictment on Susan Herbst who selected him and referred to him as a "rockstar".
And if there is reason to believe he's good friends with Bates, the new BC AD, well apparently he can't even get friends to side with him if one of the reports was true that BC is still trying to block us out.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We're a top 20 public university, coming off a recent basketball national championship and recent football BCS bowl, let's hire a guy from fcking Buffalo! Brillant!

Reaction Score
The jury is out on Manuel... I really want this guy to succeed but I can't say I'm satisfied thus far.

I only see the results and not the process tho and will reserve judgement

Reaction Score
We can't fire him. We may have to lay him off. There isn't going to be enough money to pay a good AD.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
nelson u have jumped the gun on the freak out. warde has no clue about expansion last week and says its all in susans hands. now he answers a simple question about the acc and lville 2moro by saying we are more pretty and were white flagging it? he didn't say that were stuck or that we were picked over or anyhting, just showed confidence in uconn.

i have never been a warde fan. was literally the only 1 who went nutzo when he was hired here. now all of u look like fools.

Reaction Score
Caption this:

628x471.jpg

Reaction Score
Remember when some of us said expand the Rent? Even if we weren't going to do it, Manuel/Herbst should have been touting the plans to show vision and commitment.

Bringing in name programs would fill the Rent even if we aren't now.

Reaction Score
I would feel so much better about things if he never opened his mouth. Things certainly aren't looking good and you have to question our president and AD. I have at least always felt confident in Herbst's abilities, Manuel has been a huge disappointment.

Reaction Score
To make such a pithy frucking comment at a time like this? Unbelievable.

Is this a joke to him? If there isn't a Big 10 invite hiding in his back pocket, this imbecilic, near-sighted, intellectually challenged joke of an AD should be spraypainted pink and rolled out of Storrs back to bumfluck Buffalo.

UConn can certainly do no worse without him.

Reaction Score
Too young maybe. I don't know. I think Hathaway would have done better and he is useless and I doubt we are out with Perkins. Oh well, now we wait for X amount of years...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/jacobscourant/status/273658325579747328

Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant
Per report ACC vote in am and Louisville likely to win, UConn AD Warde Manuel said, "I think we are the best choice by far but I am biased."
God you are a miserable blowhard. We get it. You hate Manual and Herbst, and love to hear yourself talk and create threads that are more dumb than the last. You love to feel like the smartest man in the room. I'm sure when UConn ends up ok (because we aren't dead and buried yet) you'll be starting threads chirping about how one of your 30 theories was right all along, and still kill Herbst and Manual for not getting it done sooner. Can't wait for that. :rolleyes:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
God you are a miserable blowhard. We get it. You hate Manual and Herbst, and love to hear yourself talk and create threads that are more dumb than the last. You love to feel like the smartest man in the room. I'm sure when UConn ends up ok (because we aren't dead and buried yet) you'll be starting threads chirping about how one of your 30 theories was right all along, and still kill Herbst and Manual for not getting it done sooner. Can't wait for that. :rolleyes:

Actually, I was just posting what amounts to confirmation from Manuel. In case you are curious, what happened tonight is not my fault.

Reaction Score
I was always suspicious of the view that Susan Herbst was the Second Coming. Tonight, as down as I am, I hope the UConn Trustees really question the leadership. In terms of Warde Manuel, he should be immediately terminated. This was not just a BIG FAIL, it was THE BIG FAIL. I could not detect any leadership undertaken by this administration during this process. There is a serious gap between the reality of UConn and its national image and perception.

Reaction Score
WM has done nothing on the marketing front to impress me either. A real rockstar is the AD at Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
There is a serious gap between the reality of UConn and its national image and perception.

Great point. That has been evident in the past few weeks when reading all the comments by media and fans touting UL's athletic department and facilities compared to UConn.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I really like Warde, but the more I read that aw-duck*ing shucks of a quote, the angrier I get.

Reaction Score
Remember when some of us said expand the Rent? Even if we weren't going to do it, Manuel/Herbst should have been touting the plans to show vision and commitment.

Bringing in name programs would fill the Rent even if we aren't now.

I was one of the guys who was pushing for expanding the Rent to 55K ASAP a year ago. I thought to be big time you have to act like it. RU did it. UL did it. We are stuck at 40K and is viewed as small time. Some people said we need to have a waiting list to expand. I said BS because going 50K+ shows we are committed to the football program. As it turns out, perception is everything and we are paying for these mistakes. Horrible oversight by our administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom