Manchester's Ashley Perez to St John's | The Boneyard

Manchester's Ashley Perez to St John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that is great news indeed. i'm glad she chose a local school. i wish Holmes would end up there too. i am not sure if i can see her at RU...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I have seen Ashley play.....once. My impression is that she plays with a ton of energy...is very scrappy and enthusiastic. She will be a pure point for St. John's....can shoot and pass. She is kinda small and slender.
I would think she has a solid chance to be in the regular rotation at some point in her career there.

Good luck to her....hope her Manchester area fans come out bigtime when she visits UConn.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would like to see Geno sign more CT players.
IMHO he has room for 3 players if he maintains his roster at 11 or 12 players.

I recognize some players would not like to ride the bench and won't consider UConn for that reason. However, every couple of years there's at least one CT WBB player that would contribute minutes to the program. Bria Holmes is probably one this year and Stevens of St John's is another one from 3 years ago. Heather so far has been a disappointment playing wise, but from all indicators she's a great teammate and contributes to the program.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

I recognize some players would not like to ride the bench and won't consider UConn for that reason. However, every couple of years there's at least one CT WBB player that would contribute minutes to the program. Bria Holmes is probably one this year and Stevens of St John's is another one from 3 years ago. Heather so far has been a disappointment playing wise, but from all indicators she's a great teammate and contributes to the program.
i'm with you but it's possible players like Holmes and Perez don't want a perennial bench role, even if they are great teammates. sometimes players want more. can you imagine the impact a player like Buck would have had at Holy Cross or Hartford? I admire kids like Engeln and Buck who come to the best program in the nation knowing that no matter how hard they work, they MAY never achieve more personally than a role player.

they come for the coaching, camradarie, experience, chance to win NCs, etc etc. I think i recall reading somewhere that Perez wanted to be able to earn a starting role at some point wherever she went. with Jefferson and Banks in tow not to mention Hartley, it's unlikely Perez could have achieved what she wanted at UCONN...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Great for her!!!! She seems like a solid player and i am glad she is staying in the Big East and we will get to see her play!

As far as recruiting Connecticut players, I have all of the trust in the world in GA, but I am scratching my head on Bria Holmes. I have seen video of her. She has been to multiple UCONN games and seems like she is great girl. I wish her well where ever she goes, but I would have like to see her in a UCONN uniform. Thats why GA is the coach and I am not!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

JF13 was a great example of a Ct. kid...! Im sure there's a few CT kids tha would love to sit on the pine at UConn. 'ship 13 14 and 15 could be used for our in-state players

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: Carl Adamec has an article on the Perez verbal....it seems only open to JI subscribers.
Skimming the treetops: St. John's has practiced at Manchester High in preparation for the BE tournament the past couple of years....maybe they had a little extra contact with Ashley? She selected St. John's over Marist and James Madison. She indicates that being a part of the BE had a role in her decision.

St. John's starts 3 guards this coming year....all juniors. That might indicate a wide open fight for PT come Ashley's soph year. It's nice to see a local get a scholarship at a good solid program.

BTW: I don't know if it is posted elsewhere but the JI says that Tenn. plays DePaul at the Maggie Dixon Classic on December 11 at MSG. St. John's plays Baylor with Griner in the doubleheader.
Two days later Tenn. plays at Rutgers....uhhh...despite talent Rutgers almost always loses to LadyVol.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW: Carl Adamec has an article on the Perez verbal....it seems only open to JI subscribers.
Skimming the treetops: St. John's has practiced at Manchester High in preparation for the BE tournament the past couple of years....maybe they had a little extra contact with Ashley? She selected St. John's over Marist and James Madison. She indicates that being a part of the BE had a role in her decision.

St. John's starts 3 guards this coming year....all juniors. That might indicate a wide open fight for PT come Ashley's soph year. It's nice to see a local get a scholarship at a good solid program.

BTW: I don't know if it is posted elsewhere but the JI says that Tenn. plays DePaul at the Maggie Dixon Classic on December 11 at MSG. St. John's plays Baylor with Griner in the doubleheader.
Two days later Tenn. plays at Rutgers....uhhh...despite talent Rutgers almost always loses to LadyVol.
almost always? have they ever beaten tennessee?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Hey now!!!! IT's the time clocks fault!!!!!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
almost always? have they ever beaten tennessee?

In the C. Viv era I am pretty sure they beat them once....a rout a few years ago. They have played a bunch of times....regular season and in the NCAA's.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In the C. Viv era I am pretty sure they beat them once....a rout a few years ago. They have played a bunch of times....regular season and in the NCAA's.

Good memory. Rutgers beat Tenn in 2005. The clock game was in '07-'08, I think. Rutgers had a great opportunity to win in '08-'09 when it was leading Tenn by 20 (33-13) at the half at home but was crushed in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom