Man | The Boneyard

Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We really dodged a bullet not landing McGary.

Burke looks swallowed up by Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Did anyone actually say that they were happy we didn't get McGary? If so they should have been made fun of immediately instead of waiting for the final four

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
McGary is a beast...lottery pick if he chooses to come out.

Reaction Score
We really dodged a bullet not landing McGary.

Burke looks swallowed up by Syracuse.

Were we even close to landing him? I don't remember even seeing his name mentioned last year, and we are not listed on his interest/offer list on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/66847/mitch-mcgary

You seem to be the only one who remembers this supposed attack on the kid last year.

Anyway, he's really good, but reminds me way too much of a Dukie with all the rah rah BS, seems like he would pull out a floor slap at any minute. Looks like they were on his final list, would have fit right in.

Reaction Score
Were we even close to landing him? I don't remember even seeing his name mentioned last year, and we are not listed on his interest/offer list on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/66847/mitch-mcgary

You seem to be the only one who remembers this supposed attack on the kid last year.

Anyway, he's really good, but reminds me way too much of a Dukie with all the rah rah BS, seems like he would pull out a floor slap at any minute. Looks like they were on his final list, would have fit right in.

MGary had initial interest and UConn was on him early. He even visited. The upheaval of the program pretty much ended his interest.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I assumed this thread was a discussion of the defense that has won 74 out of 75 NCAA Championships.

No, but really Boheim, it's brilliant and everyone else is a sucker for not using it.

Reaction Score
Did anyone actually say that they were happy we didn't get McGary? If so they should have been made fun of immediately instead of waiting for the final four

I don't remember anybody saying that. I do remember people saying that he was overrated when he was considered a top 2 recruit at one point, but I don't remember someone saying that they didn't want him.

I said two years ago in the summer that I wouldn't want UConn to take McGary as an early enrollee if it meant we couldn't get Drummond. I still stand by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom