Man this ESPN TV production is terrible and the announcers are less than pedestrian | The Boneyard

Man this ESPN TV production is terrible and the announcers are less than pedestrian

Reaction Score
Yes I'm frustrated, but these announcers suck. The lack of any replays and insightful comments are troubling.

UConn is not playing well, and throwing the ball away or going 1 on 4. wtf? Just give me 10 minutes of real UConn basketball, please.

If I hear one more time that that announcer went to Army I'm going to move to Canada.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Shambi doesn’t tell you what’s going on. I don’t even know the color guys name, but he’s annoying. At some point I’m surprised this is the best Espn can do, like there aren’t any other people they could hire.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Spatola, he’s annoying as heck.

And he isn’t making many great points.

Reaction Score
I do not care about a single thing they are saying ...doesn't that one guy do baseball games? Most boring voice ever.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the “Field of Dreams” quote fest?

To be fair, the first one was fine, but, after that, move on.

I think Spatola was only on the broadcast because of the nature of the event itself. He shouldn’t be calling any more of our games.

Does that ease your pain?

Reaction Score
Shambi doesn’t tell you what’s going on. I don’t even know the color guys name, but he’s annoying. At some point I’m surprised this is the best Espn can do, like there aren’t any other people they could hire.
Sciambi is a great baseball guy and is pretty responsible for the shift of moving baseball announcers out of the mid-20th century. I don’t mind him in other sports but he’s not the same as when he calls baseball.

Reaction Score
Sciambi is a great baseball guy and is pretty responsible for the shift of moving baseball announcers out of the mid-20th century. I don’t mind him in other sports but he’s not the same as when he calls baseball.

More like a local tv weatherman trying to call a major mens college bb game. Decent announcer voice but his talent is limited to a voice over Charman Tyler Phommachanh commercial

Reaction Score
More like a local tv weatherman trying to call a major mens college bb game. Decent announcer voice but his talent is limited to a voice over Charman Tyler Phommachanh commercial
Disagree but to each their own.

Reaction Score
I always got the impression that Sciambi seems bored when he calls basketball games. He is a very good baseball play by play guy though.

Reaction Score
I always got the impression that Sciambi seems bored when he calls basketball games. He is a very good baseball play by play guy though.
I just don’t think he’s nearly as knowledgeable. He came up as a baseball guy and when ESPN hired him, he got thrown in to everything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom