Man plz don’t blame adama | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Man plz don’t blame adama

ctarnolds

Ctarnolds
Reaction Score
I think it is time to move him away from the post. He is becoming too much of a fixture down low. Trying to get him the ball is getting too predictable and it doesn't create any movement for the rest of the team. I think if he moves out and starts setting screens like DC, it will fore a lot more movement and create more opportunities for the guards to penetrate. At the same time, I think the movement will help open things up for him.

Reaction Score
It would be in Adama sanogos best interest
To move to mobile 4. That doesn’t mean he can’t play in the post for certain plays but moving in and out shooting a few 3s driving a couple a little more passing and setting screens. These are nba skills
It’s best for UConn as well
Xavier plays two bigs and have played very well
Also playing Adama and clingan at the same time will give our perimeter players more space on their 3s and if things go right bigger lanes.

Reaction Score
Karaban plays 34. And yes we do need him to play 30 minutes but not in every game. We get 20 points up on a team, let him rest but toward season end against top BE teams we need him to play and then keep him as fresh as possible for the run. Donovan is 18 and won’t be 19 until next August. He‘ll get gassed but he’s 18, that’s quick recovery. Do you remember when you were 18?

It doesn’t work that way.

Reaction Score
Adama is great on offense but he needs to learn how to defend someone other than the opponent’s center, so that we can have Clingan play with him and defend the rim. Sanogo will have to defend smaller quicker players if he hopes to play in NBA.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn would be a bubble team at best without Sanogo. He is averaging 17.4 ppg on 62.8% from 2 and 39.6% from 3. It is really hard to maintain shooting percentages that high when a player shoots as much as Sanogo does. He is shooting 73.2% from the line, which is solid for a guard and very good for a center. My only minor quibble about his offense is he is only averaging 3.1 FTAs a game, which is not terrible but should be a little higher. He has an 88.7 DRtg, which is very good. Only Clingan and Jackson are better than that on the team.

The Sanogo bashing needs to stop. He is not the problem. You can like Clingan without bashing Sanogo. It is obvious to anyone with a triple digit IQ that they need to be on the court together for at least a few minutes a game. The coaches need to figure out how to make that happen. Whatever happens there, Sanogo is still a very good player and UConn is lucky to have had him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom