• We use to be good and it was fun

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I’m casual, love tailgating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basketball only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I grew up in Wethersfield and started my UConn experience watching top notch soccer in Storrs in 1970s. That soon morphed into bb with the Chris Smith/Scott Burrell. I went overseas for 6 years and missed some UConn history (including a bit of Dan O). Have been an active fb fan since Tyler Orenzen and the later half of RE 2. Saw the Fiesta Bowl and then suffered like other fans for way too many years.

Love bb and its success (women being queens with men recently being kings) but my heart lies on the grid iron.

Good to see the school seems to acknowledge that fb needs support (tickets and tickets). I really hope its time for fb to take that next step. Love Mora and what the NIL has done to support the team. This coming game with Wake is important to me. We need it. It reminds me when back when we were beating UNC at the Rent, and then UNC started giving the ball to their 240 lb RB who just shredded us.

I hope this result Saturday will propel us into fb acceptance by the establishment. Trust you HCJM - take some names this weekend! Yes UConn is the college BB capital of the world, and its time for FB to show its strength/potential to show out!

Yes my avatar use to be Andre Dixon and previously Danny Lansanah. With a win Saturday it will change into either a Jim Mora or the star of Saturday's game.

ps And then maybe the FB board will get more activity.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've listed myself as "old guard undying", but I should be clear about the fact that I'm passionate about all UConn sports.

The first UConn sport I followed as a kid was men's basketball (Perno coach). It wasn't until a few years later that I started watching women's basketball (Geno coach, Bascom) and both soccer teams (Morrone, Tsantiris).

Once I arrived on campus in '93, I started going to the football games. But I would also watch field hockey, ice hockey, and a few other sports.

Now? If it has the name UConn on the front of the jersey, I'm probably rooting hard for it. It could be UConn Drama Club, and I'll be yelling "you nailed that second act, bro!!!"

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
4 more accurately describes me as a golfer, but I'm a UConn fan since I was a kid. That includes basketball and football. It's been a rough stretch for football but things are looking up. This season has been pretty fun.

Reaction Score
Dad was a UConn alum, so listening to George Erlich call UConn football & hoops games on the radio was a must. Listening to his play by play while calling the Huskies first ever win against Yale was thrilling over the airwaves of WTIC-1080.
Was in 8th grade watching Southington High Sophomore Vinnie Clements & his backfield mate Rick Peterson tear up opposing defenses. Both of them went to UConn, but Clements was the star.
Fall of 1970, was a freshman & attended my first game at Memorial Stadium. Watched the Huskies drub Vermont 47-0.
Yeah, I'm old...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
A much larger basketball fan, per the name, but am an avid football fan too. I go to every game. It’s in my blood.

My grandfather played for UConn and threw the 9th longest TD pass in program history, on a trick play too as he was a RB. Runs in the family.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I've listed myself as "old guard undying", but I should be clear about the fact that I'm passionate about all UConn sports.

The first UConn sport I followed as a kid was men's basketball (Perno coach). It wasn't until a few years later that I started watching women's basketball (Geno coach, Bascom) and both soccer teams (Morrone, Tsantiris).

Once I arrived on campus in '93, I started going to the football games. But I would also watch field hockey, ice hockey, and a few other sports.

Now? If it has the name UConn on the front of the jersey, I'm probably rooting hard for it. It could be UConn Drama Club, and I'll be yelling "you nailed that second act, bro!!!"
Spot on mate! I too started with basketball. As a kid on my grammar school's basketball team, I remember our coach arranging for us to see the Huskies practice in the early Calhoun years before the NIT success and being amazed at how they moved the ball. I became a UConn fan at that point and got into UConn football during the Skip Holtz years. Whether we win or suck, doesn't matter, I wear my Husky gear with immense pride.

Reaction Score
I am a huge basketball fan but over the years I increasingly care more about football. I realize how important it is to our athletic department going forward. That’s not to say I’m no longer crazy about basketball. I absolutely am. It’s just that basketball is in a really good place and I don’t have to worry about it anymore. UConn football creates emotions of joy, sadness, frustration and anger that engulf me.

Basketball is like the good kid that does everything right and football is the troubled teen that you won’t give up on. You can’t help but put your efforts and energy into the more challenging one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom