Mamadou Diarra | The Boneyard

Mamadou Diarra

Reaction Score

I can’t get the link to Work but Amore tweets it out.

Reaction Score
The link doesn't work, but this a great move by the staff and Mo. The only way it could work out better is if the last schollie lands on a nice BIG

Reaction Score
"Diarra has been granted a medical disqualification, granted when a student-athlete is injured to the point where it is not in his best interest to continue to play. This allows Diarra to keep his athletic scholarship, though it will not be counted against UConn’s scholarship allotment."

Good deal for all involved

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Diarra has been granted a medical disqualification, granted when a student-athlete is injured to the point where it is not in his best interest to continue to play. This allows Diarra to keep his athletic scholarship, though it will not be counted against UConn’s scholarship allotment."

What an outstanding result for everyone. I really appreciate Mamadou's efforts to play for UConn and hope that this move spearheads great things for him in the game of basketball, as a coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad this worked out for the student athlete and that most importantly he can continue to get his degree.

If he's at all open to coaching athletes down the road, what an opportunity. Speaks well of the program and its loyalty to the development of the student athletes as both students and athletes.

Reaction Score
Huge bummer for Mamadou but this seems like making the best out of a bad situation.

The stats don't really reflect it, but I thought he was a pretty exciting young player that one year. The energy of the team was night and day different when he was on the court. Really a shame he was struck down by injuries so immediately.

The CT Post article linked to this video. Figured I'd embed it here. Hell of a dunk.

Reaction Score

Yeah, it was pretty obvious last year after only appearing in that one game his career would probably be over. He had tons of time to rest the knee and still couldn't play on it for any significant minutes. Well I wish him the best as he was always a hard working player with athletic talent. Unfortunately his knee couldn't keep up with it.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there was a process in place to apply for this, but some posters insinuated that we lost out on a recruit waiting for this scholarship to open up. If true, it's too bad this process took so long.

Edit: Although perhaps they were just waiting on MD's decision, which is fine.

Reaction Score
This reads as good business and long term vision. Each side operated what appears to be ethically (vs just kicking a kid to the curb) and Mama seems rightfully disappointed but doesn’t seem to be harboring resentment like a recent departure

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
This reads as good business and long term vision. Each side operated what appears to be ethically (vs just kicking a kid to the curb) and Mama seems rightfully disappointed but doesn’t seem to be harboring resentment like a recent departure
If youre talking about Kwintin he never deserved to be a D1 college ball player, and the more your read about KOs recruitment of him the stupider him ever being in uniform sounded

Reaction Score
It sounds like at some point Mamadou will need total knee replacements. This decision which is not something people his age consider often looking so far in the future. Hopefully changing the stress on his knee joints will put this choice off till he is at least in his late 40's. He and Josh could have been quite a tandem in the front court. If he has always thought of trying to be a coach this is a great opportunity.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Gonna have to take my son to senior night 2021 so he can get out one more MAMA-DOOOOO! We didnt get to scream that anywhere near enough. Kids got that something about him thats gonna serve him well in life. Classy move all the way around.

Reaction Score
If youre talking about Kwintin he never deserved to be a D1 college ball player, and the more your read about KOs recruitment of him the stupider him ever being in uniform sounded

Was talking about Kwintin. Regardless if he belonged or not, when your most viral player spends his time slandering the school....not a good look

Reaction Score
Was talking about Kwintin. Regardless if he belonged or not, when your most viral player spends his time slandering the school....not a good look
I still can't get over how a guy who is known for his dunking could barely dunk during an actual game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom