Malloy Reached Out To ESPN Regarding Big 12 Expansion Talks (Courant) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Malloy Reached Out To ESPN Regarding Big 12 Expansion Talks (Courant)

Reaction Score
I appreciate your efforts, but I just don't see how espn pays uconn 1 cent more than they are contractually obligated to. it's just not how do they business. Espn has had an active hand picking the winners and losers in conference realignment, we happen to be the biggest loser in all this.

Until the AAC contract is up, they will gladly pay us what the contract calls for.
so how did the Big12 walk away not getting the $40M/year their contract called for?
If your point is that Uconn has limited leverage against ESPN, I would agree. But just because something is in a contract doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Reaction Score
so how did the Big12 walk away not getting the $40M/year their contract called for?
If your point is that Uconn has limited leverage against ESPN, I would agree. But just because something is in a contract doesn't mean it can't be changed.
They chose not to expand.

Reaction Score
Says it all in one sentence. Skipper called up Bowlsby and said "hey we don't want you guys to expand, and are going to force you guys not to, but in case you do choose to expand, in which case we will drop your conference into oblivion, please remember to try to add uconn, cause at that point they won't matter...again."

This means nothing. Malloy did and will continue to not do anything. ESPN will continue to whore us out on their terms. Terrible, terrible situation we are in.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that Malloy reached out to ESPN in some form. I would just love to hear what was going on in Skipper's mind as Malloy is talking to him.
What kind of steak to have that night? It's like someone talking to Homer and he's completely locked into a thought about doughnuts or beer.

ESPN could care less what Malloy tells them. They would rather give the Big 12 an extra 10 mil a year to keep UConn and team X from costing them 40 mil. They don't give a rats ass about UConn and the financial dilemma they have. I'm sure if Skipper did call Bowlsby he probably said something like look I'm going to tell you this so it can be said that I told you this but don't really listen to what I'm saying....

When do these tax cuts expire again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom