Makurat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Makurat

Reaction Score
Looking to next year, I see an issue. The one and two spots are full (Westbrook, Williams, Bueckers and Muhl); Edwards seems destined to be Ono’s backup, along with Gabriel (lots of fouls for that spot!). That leaves the three and four. Griffin and McLean are very similar players, both without a three-point game but strong defensively. It seems unreasonable to assume that Geno would want both of them on the floor together; they seem like ideal subs for each other. That would leave Makurat as Megan’s backup at the three; they are both good rebounders and passers with three point range. Ania might not get a lot of minutes next year if that scenario holds,

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looking to next year, I see an issue. The one and two spots are full (Westbrook, Williams, Bueckers and Muhl); Edwards seems destined to be Ono’s backup, along with Gabriel (lots of fouls for that spot!). That leaves the three and four. Griffin and McLean are very similar players, both without a three-point game but strong defensively. It seems unreasonable to assume that Geno would want both of them on the floor together; they seem like ideal subs for each other. That would leave Makurat as Megan’s backup at the three; they are both good rebounders and passers with three point range. Ania might not get a lot of minutes next year if that scenario holds,

I do not think Muhl as a freshman will beat out Anna for minutes in our rotation. Anna will probably play a combination of 1,2,3 and find enough minutes in that capacity. I am guessing Muhl will be a strict defensive replacement to begin and only over time will she adapt offensively. I know she is a good playmaker but not at all proven in our system.

Reaction Score
I think that next year the personnel on hand and coming in will evolve into more substitutions than we are used to seeing. This is a result of a larger group of players who are all able to contribute when out on the floor. (Well, at least I hope so).

Reaction Score
I believe Ania will return a "new person" as a sophomore. She is a competitor with a lot of skills. The entire process of locating her, and bringing her to UCONN, seemed a bit of a last minute panic after only Aubrey committed to the class. So, she may not have been in the best possible condition or frame of mind. She might have also been bit worn down, due to her professional work.

We are fortunate that UCONN was " in her dreams."

Reaction Score
Well said and now we do not expect a Pro from Poland that does have quickness for college USA College Game or skill set to shot within inside 3 point line yet. We hope she can have a role next year like Molly has this year to back up our two point guards and Tenn Transfer.
I think she will be much more than Molly ever was. She already has been.

Reaction Score
I think that next year the personnel on hand and coming in will evolve into more substitutions than we are used to seeing. This is a result of a larger group of players who are all able to contribute when out on the floor. (Well, at least I hope so).
The NBA has had 10-player rotations ever since Hubie Brown’s coaching days. If UConn really has the horses next year, would Geno actually pull the trigger?

Reaction Score
I’m seeing Anna play tonight, Row C Center.
I will be watching her every move and report back. I personally love the ways she plays.....freshman mistakes and all!
Here’s to rooting for all our Huskies especially
our A’s........,Anna and Aubrey!!!

Reaction Score
Geno will be Geno and play whoever has the skill set to win that particular game. If he needs defense, Griffin will go in. Anna likely will be in UConn shape next year so with her pro body, rebounding, and ability to move without ball/great passing, likely she will fill multiple positions. If Edwards plays as most UConn frosh do, Griffin likely the sub for ONO i.e. more minutes for Anna.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom